What is the best Android email client for Hotmail?

1. Steeltooth493

Steeltooth493 Active Member

I've been using the official Hotmail app on Android for quite some time, but the main thing that I do not like about it is that it apparently is unable to sync deleted messages in my Hotmail inbox as read and deleted. If I delete a message in my inbox it will move it to the deleted items folder but will not mark it as read, so then I have to go through them all over again. It is a time consuming and frustrating process. Are there any 3rd party email clients for Android that would properly delete messages from Hotmail?

Advertisement
    :
  2. akamad

akamad Well-Known Member

I believe the issue is that Hotmail only allows POP access for mail clients. So you can't sync from the client to the server (unless you have a device that has proper Exchange support). I believe the only apps that lets you do what you want would be one like this: Quick Windows Live Hotmail . This app simply opens up the mobile version of the website, so it's not technically a mail client I guess. I assume it won't handle offline access too well.
  3. scooterinmn

scooterinmn Well-Known Member

I use the gMail app...
    In my gMail setup, I get my Hotmail (and other POP accounts) and then give them separate labels. Works great and everything is in one spot.
  4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Moved to Android Applications forum to get more eyes on this thread :)
  5. EmailTray

EmailTray New Member

EmailTray is the maker of a smart email client that uses an algorithm to sort email into 4 Inboxes separated by priority.

The Android version of EmailTray is aware, via privacy-oriented hash-tag technology, who your priority email senders are and your Android screen will only show if you have mails in each of the top 2 priority Inboxes (You will have to enter the program to see the amount of really unimportant email you have). How you deal with email on your phone will also be taken into account by the algorithm when similar email arrives in the future.

This way you won't waste time checking for important email when you can see that none of the possibly 20 emails you have right now qualify as being in the Top Priority or Low Priority boxes as opposed to No Priority and Spam.

What's also great is that you can get to work and your Inbox will be empty because you already processed important email and deleted all spam and newsletters from all your accounts at once.

Give it a try and let me hear about your experience.