• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is the Best App to quickly upload Playlists?

drbunda

Sep 2, 2010
I apologize in advanced if someone has already asked this question or if this should be in another sub-forum. I did a quick search and it found nothing so here goes.

I'm wondering if there's a way to create playlists on my PC (or my already created iTunes playlists) and transfer it easily to my Epic phone. I can't imagine having to re-create all of my playlists again? I've got something like 1300 songs and 20+ playlists.

Thanks for any advice!!

I apologize in advanced if someone has already asked this question or if this should be in another sub-forum. I did a quick search and it found nothing so here goes.

I'm wondering if there's a way to create playlists on my PC (or my already created iTunes playlists) and transfer it easily to my Epic phone. I can't imagine having to re-create all of my playlists again? I've got something like 1300 songs and 20+ playlists.

Thanks for any advice!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the songs downloaded from iTunes can be used on your phone due to licensing agreements.

Upvote 0
Moved to the right place for you. :)

Back on topic. I don't use iTunes, but my wife DOES (she owns an Evo). She must have put in over 50 hours trying different suggestions and advice trying to get her playlists on her phone. She ended up finding an app called iSyncr for PC that worked FLAWLESSLY and EASILY.

It's $2.99 on the market. She says it is WELL worth the money spent.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the songs downloaded from iTunes can be used on your phone do to licensing agreements.

Referring to DRM? Not sure. I thought it just meant it couldn't be transferred to another computer???
:thinking:

Upvote 0
Okay, downloaded using BarCode scanner. Seems to be working beautifully!!!

It's taking forever for the first sync, but that's what I get for having 1300 songs :). Can't wait till they are all on my phone. I'll let you know how it goes after I use it for a few days (in case anyone is interested).

Upvote 0
Keep us updated :)

Everyone. You MUST DOWNLOAD THIS APP!!! OMG!!! BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, just download a Bar Code scanner and go to this website: and scan the PC or Mac version. Download to your phone and then connect it to your computer and WHAM. A dialog box pops up asking which playlists you want to sync to your phone. It will download them all to your phone. None of this live streaming from a cloud crap. You can also download your "music" library so ALL songs you have in iTunes.

I have mp3 and mp4 in my iTunes because I always "imported" my PC songs into iTunes so I could listen to them on my iPod/iPad. ALL songs play beautifully. I didn't have to do any type of conversion. If you have mp3 songs on your computer, I'd suggest sticking them all into a separate folder and uploading that entire folder into iTunes on your computer. Then when you run this app you will get ALL of your songs (itunes and other) on your phone.

I can't even tell you how happy this makes me! Now if only they had a similar app to sync my Outlook memos!! :)

Upvote 0
You're able to listen to mp4s from iTunes no problem? iSyncr won't even let me sync them because of the DRM.

127 files were not copied because of Digital Rights Management (DRM). Unfortunately, Android phones can't play songs with DRM. This is an issue with Android phones, not iSyncr. What you can do is check out this link for information on how to remove DRM from songs.
look.fo - short web search aliases
Finished Syncing

Upvote 0
You're able to listen to mp4s from iTunes no problem? iSyncr won't even let me sync them because of the DRM.

Yes, it downloaded all of my songs!! I even double checked to make sure. Played songs that I knew I had "purchased" on iTunes and did not have an .mp3 version.

Bizarre that it didn't download yours. Did it give you an error message or did you just notice it didn't download those songs? There's an email at the bottom of that website I posted where you can email to the developer and try to find out what's happening?

Upvote 0
If you're already tied to iTunes, just use DoubleTwist. In the DoubleTwist settings, you can have it read your iTunes library, so you'll have access to all your songs, playlists, and movies. You can setup your sync preferences to sync specific playlists. If you decide to have it sync all your songs, then what's not immediately obvious is that you can actually drag and drop existing playlists to your device. It won't show up in the DoubleTwist GUI (at least, that's the behavior for the Mac version) what will or is already on the device, but it'll be in your phone after you sync it up.

Upvote 0
Yes, it downloaded all of my songs!! I even double checked to make sure. Played songs that I knew I had "purchased" on iTunes and did not have an .mp3 version.

Bizarre that it didn't download yours. Did it give you an error message or did you just notice it didn't download those songs? There's an email at the bottom of that website I posted where you can email to the developer and try to find out what's happening?

Yeah, it gave me the error that I copy/pasted in quotes above. I'm having to use ANOTHER program on my computer to remove the DRM. This is literally taking ALL DAY. And the few songs I have gotten into mp3 and onto my phone did not fully download. They maxed out at 1:01.

Upvote 0
Here's the e-mail I got back:

Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately, Android phone's can't play songs with Digital Rights Management (copy protection). However, all iTunes purchased music (at least in the US) since April 7, 2009 will not have DRM, before that date only iTunes plus music will not have DRM. The message you are seeing if for the songs you downloaded from iTunes that have copy protection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

What you can do is check out this link for information on how to remove digital rights management.
look.fo - short web search aliases

Hopefully that helps you out.

Cheers!

-Justin

Upvote 0
I think I'm going to need to download tunebite onto my main PC. It appears I can't do any deleting, copying, NOTHING on this laptop using the share thingee with my itunes account. grr

But that's still the computer that won't recognize my phone/sd card...

I'm fixing to pour a strong drink. :)

Mine wouldn't recognize the phone either, it was driving me nuts. I read on Android Central Forum that if you used the back USB's (instead of the front, desktop computer), it would work. I was thinking that was BS, but it worked for me. Can't figure it out, but I'm happy now.

Upvote 0
duratime, I'll try that tomorrow. I just shut that computer down for the night. It also didn't recognize the sd card in the card reader. Same reader I've used in the past. Very, very frustrating.

Update on the Tunebite. The free version only converts 1 minute per song. So you can't even get a full song done. But it's $27 to buy the version that will do entire songs. It just seems like...I already BOUGHT these songs, from a reputable source, so why do I have to PAY to use them the way I want to???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones