What is the best backup app?

Last Updated:

1. Sabswifey

Sabswifey Active Member

Hi all! I am about to get a new phone, but Idk which app to use to backup my things. Should I go w/My backup Pro, Sprite backup, Titanium backup, or something else? I am not rooted so I don't think I need Titanium backup, but am unsure. I like the fact that Sprite lets you sync to Dropbox & Box.net, but it doesnt have that many 4+ star reviews. Since Idk much about rooting Titanium backup looks a little bit intimidating, but if its my best bet I guess I could try it. I do use Picassa, Dropbox, & Box.net already, but want to be able to know that if anything goes wrong I have a safety net. Thoughts?

2. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

I’ve had my droid for a year and half and am still too spooked to root. As for backup, Google Sync and the SD card protect the loose data, but to retrieve all the apps I bought AppMonster Pro. I think that’s all I need to put everything back the way it was.
  3. Sabswifey

Sabswifey Active Member

Yeah, I have used AppMonster. I wanted something that can do more. Thanks though.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

You can't do anything more really unless you're rooted.
  5. Curious Mew

Curious Mew Active Member

I would definitely have a safety net, because Picasa is much too buggy to be ideally used for pictures. I've tried and tried to trust it, but it just seems to fail on me in one way or the other.

One time in particular, I had uploaded enough pictures to fill an album with 1,000 pics (the max). However, the folder would tell me only 965 were in there. Unable to upload 35 more into the album, I ultimately scrapped Picasa right on the spot.

Bug or no bug, I can't let Google fool around with my pics like that. I want to know what happened to the 35 that never made it in there!?

Using the Picasa desktop manager is no better, as I have had duplicate pics never show up. Also, how exactly is the software determining a duplicate? It is a mystery.