what is the best case/screen protector, screen problems during calls.

Last Updated:

1. wvdroidman

wvdroidman Member This Topic's Starter

I was thiking of buying either a screen protector from verizon or best buy. I was wondering which is the best to buy out of the two or if there is a better protector?
    Also what is the best case for the motorola droid?

Lastly, when I make phone calls my screen goes black so it is hard for me to end calls. How can i fix this? I don't see any settings for this on the droid.

thank you

Advertisement
  2. Striker

Striker New Member

1. I would try Amazon.com, the prices are cheaper then in store and the Seidio Innocase, I've heard is the best phone case.

2. IDK because the Droid has a proximity sensor.

3. slider112

slider112 Active Member

Otterbox Commuter Case:

DROID by Motorola Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com

Includes a screen protector as well, all for one price. Highly recommended; outstanding product...

I'd steer clear of the Verizon screen protectors... they're decent quality, but they do not cover the entire screen and leave the soft touch buttons at the bottom unprotected. Check out Boxwave screen protectors or ZAGG Invisible Shield protectors.

Droid Screen Protectors & Covers / Droid Protection / Motorola Droid Screen Protectors & Covers / Motorola Droid Protection

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Motorola Droid/Milestone Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Your screen should automatically 'wake up' once you move the phone away from your face via the proximity sensor... if not then you can push the power/sleep button on top to activate the screen and end the call.

4. wvdroidman

I have heard different things. Half say they like the verizon protectors and the other half say they like the best buy ones.
    I would like to know which one to get as I don't want to make the wrong decision. Does the verizon protector cover the touch buttons at the bottom or just the screen?

5. slider112

slider112 Active Member

The Verizon protectors only cover the screen, they do not cover the bottom touch buttons.

6. wvdroidman

so i guess the verizon protectors aren't any good?

7. I got the Stealth Guard Protector because it is cheap (9.99 for 2 full skins) and has a good warranty. I had mine 2 months now and it's doing really well. I'm a deal seeker so that's why I went that route. I like it just as much, if not better than my previous BSE and invisibleSHIELDs.

8. kens97sto171

kens97sto171 Well-Known Member

I bought cases and some screen protectors from HandHeldItems.com
    I was looking for cases for my wife and I.
    I could not decide which were best after reading lots of different reviews on youtube etc, but I needed something at least for the short term.
    The cases were CHEAP!!! $7.00 I figured they would suck but would be better than nothing until I could find some convincing reviews.
    We were suprized.. they were better than expected. They are the hard plastic type with a rubberized finish, not the squishy silicone which I might have prefered. But they have not come off the phones in the pocket, or during general use, and dont affect the slide operation... my wife uses the phy keyboard and has reported no problems.
    There is a small square hole on the back of the case, I think for a belt clip, it did not come with a belt clip.
    They come in lots of colors.. but beware that the colors seen are not exactly what it will look like in person. I got a red one and purple cause it looked kinda cool, the purple one is now on the wifes phone.. it was a little feminine looking on the phone.
    I got some screen protectors at the same time $7 for a 3pack, and they are much better than the VZW ones we got at the store. They cover the whole screen are thinner, and they came individually packaged with each one having a cardboard squeegee to get out the bubbles, and a nice cleaning cloth. They applied much easier than the VZW ones too.
    I dropped my phone yesterday, and the back cover did pop off, but only after it hit the floor, no damage to phone or cover.
    Motorola Droid Rubberized Shield Hard Case Blue

Motorola Droid Screen Protector ( 3Pack )

[​IMG]

9. Sandra55

Sandra55 Member

My phone started doing this yesterday, the only way I could wake it up was opening to the key board. I called Verizon and the technician was little help, she blamed it on recent apps loaded, I knew that was not true, because my sister has the same phone and same apps and no problems. She then told me to do hard reset, not wanting to do that I took in to a Verizon store and they gave me a new Droid. It might have eventually work itself out, but I was impatient, and the Droid cost too much money.

10. KrisP

KrisP Member

I've been having the same problems with the screen blackout, but sometimes sliding out my keyboard doesn't help. The weird thing is, it's only when I'm outside in the sun, inside it works perfect. Is there some kind of light sensitivity trick I don't know of? Or should I try to replace it cause it's defective?

11. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

I have the verizon screen protectors. they suck. not even a hour after I put it on my brand new droid there was a scratch on the screen protector.

gonna go buy the zagg ones when I get a moment to get to bestbuy

12. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member

Get a phantom skin I have a full body one I'm willing to sell if you want pm me

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk