• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories What is the best droid case?

Here are pics of Seidio innocase. small form factor, smooth feel and nice case. one of my favorates i always order from them

Attachments

• DSC01116.JPG
    DSC01116.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC01115.JPG
    DSC01115.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC01112.JPG
    DSC01112.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC01109.JPG
    DSC01109.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: Rob
Upvote 0
I purchased the burgundy colored, rubber-feeling case from Seidio and just love it. Far better than the one they sold me at Verizon (clear plastic). I also bought the Seidio desk mount recharger that works with the case on!!
They also sell a dash mount for using the phone as a GPS navigation set - and again - works with the case on unlike the Verizon dash mount (which I also wasted my money on at Verizon).
Third-party companies seem much more responsive to the consumer than our beloved VZW!

Upvote 0
I use the Body Glove as well.

My only complaint is that it is not easy to get the phone out of the case.

I have the car dock and it is a major hassle to get the phone out of the case to place it in the car dock.

The Verizon salesman didn't warn me about this when I picked my case and ordered the car dock. I'm not sure if it was because of ignorance on his part.

I had the Body Glove and I strongly disliked it and I strongly encourage you not to buy it. The top portion of the cover (the part that covers the screen) eventually got flimsy and would not stay on the phone. The bottom portion was more resilient, but it is peeling some now. I have not found a cover that I am satisfied with, but I have only been through two.

Upvote 0
Don't get the body glove case. it is huge, rubbery so impossible to get out of a pocket. A huge space not protected on the side under the volume control buttons. and worst of all the whole left side of the case that attaches to the screen has no clip so it is just a long flimsy piece of plastic going from the top to bottom of the phone.

Dont get it. Dont get it. Dont get it

I agree with the bolded portion of this person's quote. I had so much trouble getting the top portion not to slip off the phone after only 3 months of use. I have to point out that I use the keypad to type everything, so for me the top portion of the phone was getting used as I often slide open the keypad. I suppose this is what stretched out the top cover. Perhaps if you are not using the keypad much, you will not have the troubles that I had. I really have no other major complaints about Body Glove.

Upvote 0
Here's my question: Which on is the absolute thinnerst?

I hear a lot about materials, protection, etc. I believe that the Droid is rugged enough w/o any cover. Trust me; I've dropped my phone multiple times on concrete while running and phone still works fine.

So all I need is to cover all the scratches and wounds for cosmetic purposes. I've purchased a couple covers and they just bulk up the phone to a brick.

So what's the best for covering blemishes? I've tried even paint, and it eventually just flakes off.

Upvote 0
I keep my Droid in my pockets and have a Seido Innocase, but still get annoyed at the tendency of the thing to partially slide open. To deal with that, I bought a "G1" slipcase off of eBay for under $4.00. Search for something like "OEM G1 case." and you'll find it from various sellers. I believe it is the same or similar to the slipcase that came with the HTC G1.

My Innocase is now partially held onto my phone with small pieces of tape that is folded over and inserted between the phone and the case. Two clips on the screen part and two clips on the body part of the case have broken causing the need for tape.

The body part of the OtterBox case looks significantly stronger than the Seido one, but two friends with OtterBoxes have broken top cases.

I'm fairly clumsy and also have kids, so I like keeping my phone in a case. Even though I like physical keyboards, my next phone will probably be without one so I can use something like an OtterBox Defender case.

Upvote 0
I use Seidio's Innocase Holster Combo, for my MotoDroid 2. The case fits perfectly and I really enjoy the feel of it. The belt clip is very useful, since I don't like to have my pockets full, I carry my wallet in either suits internal pocket or in a briefcase, so my pockets are always empty. As for the quality of the case I haven't yet face any problems and I'm already using it for like 2 months. Oh, and if you haven't yet decided which case to buy and where I recommend you to check out the Droid Case shop I bought my case from. All the cases you can find on the site are sold from amazon for amazon's prices, which are, prepare yourself, lower than manufacturers ones! Yes, I was surprised as well, the thing is that I've got my holster combo for less than 30 bucks, when seidio sells it for 50, and no, its not a fake, it was shipped from amazon and has seidio's guarantee :)

Upvote 0
I just joined the forum. This is actually only my second post. I am a big fan of protecting my new Samsung Captivate - first droid phone.

I searched all over for a case. The one I found was on a website that is rightfully named I think. It was Best Case for Droid

That is just the site I used. I think the Zagg is the most protective you are going to get for any gadget that you might have. I use it for my ipod, ipad, captivate, and almost everything else I want to protect.

Upvote 0
I opted for a screen protector for my Droid. I have two docking stations, one for home and one for work, and with the bigger and bulkier cases, my phone does not fit without taking the case off. If you want to take full advantage of the accessories for your phone, make sure you consider the type of case you choose. Realook screen protectors are what I chose.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones