What is the best/fastest/easiest way to transfer data to N8000?Support

1. Trinitron

Trinitron Member

What is the best/fastest/easiest way to transfer data to N8000?
    At home I use Ubuntu, while at work I only have Windows.

Every morning I need to transfer 100/200 mb of data from my Ubuntu PC to the tablet.
    Sometimes I have the same need at work.

I have a Dropbox account, but in my country upload is very slow, so transfer with PC->Dropbox->N8000 is not a very good solution (it isn't as fast as I'd like).

Possibly I'd prefer to transfer data to the MicroSD card installed inside my N8000 (without removing it of course).

Is there a way to do it?

Thank you, T-

Advertisement
    :
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

If Ubuntu supports MTP, just connect it and drag and drop. If it does not, you are out of luck.

Look into UMS for MicroSD hack, like there is one for S3. Root would be required.
    Trinitron likes this.
  3. Trinitron

Trinitron Member

Thank you Szadzik, I've searched and I found some tutorials on how to do that.
    I'll try as soon as possible.

Ideally a sharing service such as Dropbox or UbuntuOne (which I think are proprietary unluckily) installed locally on my home PC would be a better solution.

Thank you, T-
  4. Trinitron

Trinitron Member

After googling around for an open source solution, I found owncloud.org.

I think I'll give it a try one of these days.
  5. kayteck

kayteck Member

I use my Local Area Network (Samba) to transfer files from and to my computer's shared folder. On my android I use File Manager, ES File Explorer or Total Commander with LAN plug-in (all free from the market) to access network shares and manage the files.
    All done through Wi-Fi, assuming you have Wi-Fi access at your work...
    Depending on your network speed, transferring 100mb file should take approx. 0.5-2 min. It is not as fast as wired file transfer but you do not need to plug the tablet to the computer (carry the wire :) or pull out memory card.

Hope it helps...
  6. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I find "All Share" a simple way to transfer files across my PC, phone and tablet. It should be as fast as your wifi network would allow.

-Sent using the power of the dark side
  7. Scooter04

Scooter04 Active Member

I do the same, I have a shared drive on the network that I save things to and access from my tablet when needed. Sometimes I use a usb memory stick to move things around. I keep one usb stick that I basically back up my tablet files onto for redundancy.

Not sure if an app like splashtop would make sense for you, depending where and how you want access. Its basically a remote desktop software. Your tablet would have to have an internet connection though in order to connect to the remote pc's.
  8. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Same here with wifi, sharing, et cetera.
  9. Trinitron

Trinitron Member