What is the best firmware for long battery?

Last Updated:

1. eyewear

eyewear Member This Topic's Starter

what firmware is the best for long battery usage...

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I'd say the latest Galaxo ROM. It has been modified to remove the famous "no sleep bug", where your phone wouldn't go into sleep, thus draining the battery. I think the phone is underclocked when it sleeps, to save the battery, but I'm not so sure about that.

As for "real" firmwares per say, I can't really help you. I think it depends much more on your usage (3g, autosynch, etc).

Good luck with that.

3. eyewear

eyewear Member This Topic's Starter

hmm..i have latest rom,but my battery is sucking more then before it...it about 18 hours with few calls..3g on...what sell i do?

4. Ray

Ray Member

Ik4

5. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

Latest galaxo is awesome in this regard. 3g on, background data on, plenty of messing about, couple of calls and texts and I forgot to charge one night - still had something like 30% left the next night. Utterly changed the phone.
    Also with 710Mhz o/c till 50% battery then 528Mhz cap. Awesome

6. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

i think that the problem lays in the 3g/autosync/share with google settings...read some of the faqs around here for battery usage..

for now the max i got with galaxo 1.6.3.3 is around 50 hours of being disconnected from a charger, so id say it works really well. :)

7. Hoisun

Hoisun New Member

I used to be able to get up to 70 hours with low usage (standard calling and messaging), but with wifi and everything turned on with JC6. If the no sleep bug didn't occur that is.

But now I switched to Galaxo 1.6.3.3 and I get about 35 hours with wifi off, 3g on and using eco in the galaxo configuration.