What is the best ipad clone for under $220 ?

Last Updated:

1. DjAc!d

DjAc!d New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey I would like an ipad clone that runs on google android for under $220 anyone have any sugestions?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I dont think there is anything just yet. But if you check engadget.com, there is about 4-5 tablets that will be coming out before the holiday season, and most will be under 200 bucks.

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

iPad clone? Really?

Dude, they are called tablets. And no, the iPad is NOT the first tablet. :rolleyes:

4. PhoenixFx

PhoenixFx Well-Known Member

I dont think there are any branded slate PCs/Tablet PCs running android out there yet. But there are some cheap unbranded (Chinese made) eBook readers running android (I simply googled up that link, dont know anything about that site nor products listed in that page). but I wouldn't spend my money on those without first trying one out in person.

5. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

You can't get anything decent under $220. You won't get capacitive screen. You won't get the official marketplace. You may not even get the Google Apps like GMAIL and Maps.

6. icurafu

icurafu Well-Known Member

I think the zt180 is a wonderful alternative for under $200. I'm enjoying it greatly. :)

It's android 2.1 with 2.2 coming later.

But it all depends on what you want. I'm liking it more than the ipad we use for testing at work, but I've got the time to apply a few tweaks and start-over whenever a new firmware comes out. :)

7. XMP

XMP Member

gpad - buy gpad at pandawill.com

2.1 7" screen. WORKS WITH ANDROID APP STORE!! 800 mhz proc. Multitouch screen.

Just got mine and love it. I know im sounding like a seller I am not. Bought one for myself and my son and yes its that nice. And for 178 with free shipping its a steal.