• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the best Multi Platform messenger?

I have been using Whatsapp for a year and what I love about it is you don't need to add anyone, anyone on phone's contact list who has Whatsapp installed appears to have a status which means he is actually a user and you can message him/her.

Now when I bought this S3 (my first Android device coming from a BlackBerry 9900), I found something called ChatOn and was wondering:

How good is it compared to Whatsapp as I have never heard about it before. Also, you must add contacts manually or invite them or does it work like Whatsapp showing all the contacts from your phone book that already have ChatOn installed?

On a sidenote, what is the best cross platform messenger? anything better than whataspp and why or why not?

I don't thing there is something as the best messenger.. Try to find an APP or a service that work for all your needs.

But to "try" to answer your question: I like http://imo.im/:
attachment.php

Attachments

• im.jpg
    im.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
Not sure about the one you mentioned. You could try Trillian.

You got me wrong, I didn't say what's the best Multi chat program as in a chat program that has MSN, ICQ, AOL, all in one

What I meant was, what is the best cross platform messenger that works on all phones. Example: Whatsapp messenger

I want to use ChatOn but noone of my friends use it

I think Whatsapp messenger with its ugly emoticons becamse the standard nowadays everyone I know uses it :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones