what is the best ROM??

Last Updated:

1. yohanevindra

yohanevindra Member This Topic's Starter

so i've rooted and atm im on one of modaco's ROMs...r16 WIP...

i've been looking at cyanogen and it seems like most are on it...tho i like MCR since its based on froyo and has tht froyo feel...

what do you guys think in terms of performance, usability and looks?cyanogen or MCR? want to try and decide and stick with one rather than changin ROMS everyday!

Advertisement
  2. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

i never used modacos roms, i can only speak from a cyan perspective. I loved everything about his roms. 5.0.8 now has 720 HD recording in it along with a ton f great futures. Many of us are awaiting his 6.0 version to come out w/froyo.

3. CuE_32

CuE_32 Member

I'm using the Enomther Rom. Made my Nexus One so much faster and better. I haven't even used his overclock option yet. But I also have the Cyanogen but haven't tried it yet. Still need to download the Google add-ons and 720 P.

4. yohanevindra

i also seem to like cyanogen...but the only problem is that it still doesnt hav the froyo look and features..something i got used to while i used froyo..so might wait for that..other than that MoDaCo is quite good...

5. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Trouble is, once you have used Froyo, it is difficult (from a user perspective) to go back to Eclair.....happily still using Modaco.

6. yohanevindra

i know..that was the main reason why i was disappointed when i flashed cyanogen and it felt like i went back..but modaco is good...

i was going through the modaco website, and i saw that Paul's done a HTC desire camera mod and there's an online kitchen for CM5.0.7.1 i think with the HTC camera also...i feel like flashin that, but then it feels weird goin back to eclair without flash and tht "froyo" feel...and now CM5.0.8 test5 i think has 720p recording..not that im goin to use it that much, but can use it to shoot down my apple-loving friends!lol

7. indielad

indielad New Member

personally im just going to wait for froyo with sense because i cant get used to not having sense now so i use modaco desire rom

8. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Just remember all, Cyanogen is not lazy and not willing to go to Froyo. It's just that he does NOT port ROM's and work on anything that is not ASOP. What this means for his Froyo goodness is that until it is official, signed, sealed and delivered in ALL aspects, he's not going to work on a Froyo ROM.

Now, I am running my N1 Stock and on the pre-release Froyo and LOVE it. I am waiting for the official final release of Froyo and plan to stay stock on it. Once Cyan releases a new Froyo ASOP ROM, I'll probably root and install it. :)

Just waiting for now. :)

9. martinl1030

martinl1030 Member

Im using Kang O Rama. its a cyanogen based rom cooked with froyo features so you get the best of both worlds. Ive been trying a lot of custom froyo roms and id say that i like the feel of kang o rama the best. it feels the fastest and i can add 4 icons to the bottom instead of just 2 like you can with launcher 2 on 2.1

10. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

I am voting Cyanogen. :)
    I have tried others but I keep going back to Cyanogen.

11. applejosh

applejosh Active Member

Only been unlocked for a couple of days. First I tried enomther's ROM (1.9.2 I think), and ran that for a day. Wifi stopped working once (fixed with just a ROM reflash), and when I tried to install the HTC camera (from Spare Parts), it locked the system up. Had to wipe, reflash, and nand restore to get it back. Otherwise, it was rather stable as long as I didn't mess around too much with it. This morning, I installed cyanogen's 5.0.8, and so far, it's been fine. Can't really speak as to the long term stability or speed (other than I haven't noticed anything adverse yet), but I am amazed that it is reporting I have over 100MB of RAM free (whereas before I usually had <35MB).

12. Vakman

Vakman Well-Known Member

I have been using Kang-O-Rama 0.8 Preview which is based on CyanogenMod. Those his new version is not based on CyanogenMod I believe and I am only not using it because it requires me to flash the Froyo radio and I am still a little confused as to if AT&T Nexus One users can flash it. I am going to post about that now anyway but I digress.

I like Kang-O-Rama but a well supported ROM is good for most, I would vote for CyanogenMod.

13. tlgemxx

tlgemxx Member

Try Rodriguez frf83 based on r19 fast & good looking (not my rom just the 1 I run)
    at XDA

14. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

15. SLVR

SLVR Well-Known Member

Cyanogen. Fast, huge help community, updates are fast to come if there is a problem. I also like Paul's ROM's but I stick with Cyanogen

16. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

FRF85B

Although I suspect CM6 will take the crown. Might even be tempted by a custom ROM one of these days.

17. russe||

russe|| Member

So your advice to someone thinking of loading a custom ROM would be to stick with FRF85B for the moment and wait for Cyanogen 6?

18. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Can't really give advise on what is just personal preference.

19. Espike

Espike Well-Known Member

What im doing is using this ROM until CM6 is released. Like Rusty said however, its all preference.