What is the best screen protector for LG G2?Tips

1. to serve man

to serve man Well-Known Member

I know that due to curved nature of the display, some protectors may not sit well against the LG G2's screen (Non-Verizon).

I was wondering which screen protector is the best one? Otherwise I am going to get the $2 protectors from newegg.. :)

Advertisement
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Ghost Armor has served me well across multiple devices. Kind of expensive but very long lasting.
  3. dportal2006

dportal2006 Well-Known Member

Buy the $2 dollar one. Screen protectors are so ugly though.
  4. to serve man

What do you mean ugly? On most devices I applied, I can barely see them. There are some ugly ones like anti-grease, anti-glare, mirror finish, etc. I guess those are ugly, but if you get a nice finish, you barely know they are there. If they are coupled with a nice case, you won't see the edges either.
  5. dportal2006

dportal2006 Well-Known Member

A lot of them end up with air bubbles. I hate that.
  6. to serve man

They used to, honestly non of the screen protectors I applied in last 3 years had a single air bubble left behind, not a single one.
    If there were any, they were easily pushed out.
    If you can't push them out with flat edge piece, that means either there were imperfections on screen, or you didn't clean it enough, or the worst, you got something stuck on the sticky side of the screen protector.
  7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

8. to serve man

I think I've been misinformed about that.. it looks like the same glass, not sure where I read that, I better go back and check that again. Somehow someone said it was easier to apply protector on AT&T compared to Verizon's due to flatter surface on AT&T..

And for the Xtreme Guard, if I am not mistaken that needs soapy solution to apply the protector.
    No phone will last forever, and when I used Invisible Shield (which comes with it's own little soapy spray) the whole thing felt sticky after about 1,5 year of daily usage, when I took it off It looked OK but it left a lot of residue behind. I applied it perfectly, by the way, there were no bubbles or any other issues with installation, somehow it semi-melted onto the face of the phone, peeled it off like in between peeling sun burned skin or cutting through cornea in a Lasik correction surgery that has gone wrong.
  9. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Yeah I hear you on the InvisibleShield. They are way more soft/tacky. The XtremeGaurd is the same concept but way less rubbery. They don't dent like IS either. I've used a lot of screen protectors and to me, they're the best material out there and they're priced fairly.
  10. to serve man

I am researching these:
    Amazon.com: [Pure Oleophobic] - Obliq LG Optimus G2 Screen Protector Zeiss Pure Series - 2 Pack - Premium Japanese Film - Lifetime Replacement - Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, International, and Unlocked - LG Optimus G2 D802 2013 Model: Cell Phones

Amazon.com: [Pure Crystal] - Obliq LG Optimus G2 Screen Protector Zeiss Pure Series - Premium Japanese Film - Lifetime Replacement - 3 Pack - Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, International, and Unlocked - LG Optimus G2 D802 2013 Model: Cell Phones &

Amazon.com: Premium Cellto LG G2 Screen Protectors 5 Piece Combo High Definition [HD] Ultra Premium Crystal Clear Anti-Shock: Cell Phones & Accessories

Since I like to keep the nice colors on that beautiful screen bright, I would probably go with Pure Cyrstal instead of Oleophobic, which seems to cut reflection and eliminate oil residue, but block the light and cause lower transmittance.
  11. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member

I'm looking at these. The ratng is bad, but after reading it looks like a few people with Verizon phones got the wrong protectors & one person seems to be happy with it but had an issue with CS.

I may order the Pure Crystal you linked above since I can get them 2moro with local delivery.
  12. ajarnfalang

ajarnfalang Well-Known Member

I just go to the place and they put it on. There aren't any bubbles anywhere. You can't tell its on. Totally invisible. The brand they put here is FOCUS. I've never seen anyone putting on screen protectors themselves.

They charge about $3-$4 bucks.

I just have the one they put on when i bought it.
  13. gonk24

gonk24 Active Member

I have the Obliq crystal on my Sprint G2 and it feels very nice. However, due to the rounded off edges of the screen, it's difficult to get them on just right. I have a slim tpu case on mine and the left side pushes the screen protector up a little. The protector is just slightly off center to the left making the edge go over the rounded edge of the screen. It would have to be absolutely perfect for this to not happen. The next one I install will be trimmed down first to allow more room.

These are a dry install starting at the bottom and you peel it off as you go, laying it down with the provided card.
  14. ajarnfalang

Bubbles happen because of tiny pieces of lint or dust. You have to sit there for a long time with a piece of scotch tape picking up any tiny particle from under the protector.

I just never put them on myself. I let the dude/girl behind the counter do it.
  15. to serve man

I don't really trust the dude/girl behind the counter, where are you guys getting these protectors installed? Not at the carrier, I hope?
  16. to serve man

I went with Obliq
    Amazon.com: [Pure Crystal] - Obliq LG Optimus G2 Screen Protector Zeiss Pure Series - Premium Japanese Film - Lifetime Replacement - 3 Pack - Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, International, and Unlocked - LG Optimus G2 D802 2013 Model: Cell Phones &

It's on the way. Any other suggestions? I think I am going to put the case on first and do a dry run with protector to see how it should be installed.

I also ordered the Diztronic Matte Back case. Which case do you have?
  17. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Ghost Armor has locations in Malls all over the US and Canada. I think they have some down in Australia as well.
  18. Ed5275

Ed5275 Well-Known Member

I got one at the VZW store the day I bought it. It has held up extremely well and is pretty much completely invisible.
  19. MentatYP

MentatYP Well-Known Member

Got the Pure Oleophobic on my Verizon LG G2. Perfect fit (barely any room on either side between the edges of the protector and the lip of the Diztronic case I have on it), seems to be high quality. Nice and thick so it was easier to apply than the thinner flimsy models. Haven't dropped it or scratched it with keys, and don't plan to, so I can't say for sure if it will hold up over time but it feels nice enough.

I will say that either I'm one oily-fingered dude (I am) or oleophobic is a lie, because this still picks up a lot of finger grease. Maybe it's better than the non-oleophobic ones, in which case I'm glad I got this kind because it's bad enough as it is.
  20. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

Every phone i have owned for the lat 6 years has been protected by a Martin Fields screen protector,a little expensive but each one has lasted for the duration of my contract.
    Oh and they provide a small protector for the camera lens in the same pack.
    No bubbles either!.
  21. ajarnfalang

I just stop at any phone shop both as any mall.

I live in Thailand.

It takes maybe a total of 3 minutes. You give them $3bucks and its done.

When i bought my G2, they put it on at the shop. It's an automatic thing here. Before you get your wallet out the screen protector is on. The screen protector is free. Took her maybe 40 seconds to put it on. It's perfect. Can't tell its there.

These phone shops here are everywhere. In the US, i would just go to best buy, get one there and let them put it on.
  22. to serve man

I don't really trust "those places" for some reason.

I bought Obliq Crystal screen protector. Near exact fit and no bubbles.
    Works very well with Diztronic case.
  23. Ed5275

Ed5275 Well-Known Member

Well if you don't trust the carrier and you don't trust the kiosks, who is left?

Had mine done at the VZW store and it is great.
  24. to serve man

Myself.
    I put all my protectors on myself.
    You should see some of the posts with vs doing horrible job putting their $30 protectors on people's devices.