• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the best way to EVO video chat with a PC?

I remember reading about an app that you can/could download on your computer and your Android device and do video calling from it, yet I have not been able to find it and can't recall the name. All I remember is that I was reading about Fring and Qik and the writer mentioned this one as an option due to Skype blocking Fring.

Upvote 0
Today, you can't do that.

The Fring app used to allow access to Skype, and Skype runs on all desktops, but now they're in a dispute and that access is gone. I was using it extensively and hope they'll bring it back, or some similar option will appear. Currently Fring is stuck offering only phone-to-phone videochat and only with other Fring users.

The Qik app is geared to social sharing of your live video. You can set things up so people can see you on your Evo at their desktop - but that's not videochat, it's a one-way street. Presently, Qik only offers videochat between 2 EVO users - and it's a complete Mickey Mouse approach to videochat anyway.

Fring-Skype iPhone slanging match: Telcos v freetards ? The Register

Qik Help and Support Center / Desktop

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/129967-skype-begins-get-clue.html

Hopefully, we'll have phone-to-desktop ability again soon.

Reactions: mrmoto and dels28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones