What is the best way to EVO video chat with a PC?Tips

Last Updated:

1. getlooks

getlooks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What is the best way to EVO video chat with a PC? What do I need to install on the EVO and PC?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. salpiche

salpiche Well-Known Member

I remember reading about an app that you can/could download on your computer and your Android device and do video calling from it, yet I have not been able to find it and can't recall the name. All I remember is that I was reading about Fring and Qik and the writer mentioned this one as an option due to Skype blocking Fring.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Today, you can't do that.

The Fring app used to allow access to Skype, and Skype runs on all desktops, but now they're in a dispute and that access is gone. I was using it extensively and hope they'll bring it back, or some similar option will appear. Currently Fring is stuck offering only phone-to-phone videochat and only with other Fring users.

The Qik app is geared to social sharing of your live video. You can set things up so people can see you on your Evo at their desktop - but that's not videochat, it's a one-way street. Presently, Qik only offers videochat between 2 EVO users - and it's a complete Mickey Mouse approach to videochat anyway.

Fring-Skype iPhone slanging match: Telcos v freetards ? The Register

Qik Help and Support Center / Desktop

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/129967-skype-begins-get-clue.html

Hopefully, we'll have phone-to-desktop ability again soon.

mrmoto and dels28 like this.
  4. dels28

dels28 Well-Known Member

so I can still videochat with other evo users via fring? thanks for the info.

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Yes, and iPhone 4 users as well.

6. Jadams3005

Jadams3005 Member

There was an app I read about called iMovicha that worked. I looked into it, but not too deeply. If someone can get this to work please repost results.

7. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

I've used iMovicha4EVO a few times. Works same as Fringe w/Skype did for me. I've used it over wifi when testing, and used it over 3G while I was fishing 20 miles away and it worked just fine each time.