What is the best way to move data and apps to an EVO

Last Updated:

1. qmagic

qmagic Active Member This Topic's Starter

I will be getting an EVO when it comes out. I now have a Motorola Droid. What is the best way to get all of my apps and data from the Droid to the EVO? Can I save everything to the Droid SD card and then put it in the EVO? Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it would be that simple to just put the apps on the SD card and move them over.

3. alf1096

alf1096 Member

I am no expert and don't even have a smart phone yet but couldnt you use google contacts to transfer them and then sync apps with app brain?

4. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

Yeah and your google account will transfer the apps to your new phone when you put your google account info in it. BUT you will have to move any data you might have saved in the app on your other phone that neither appbrain or your google account will prob NOT save (like data in a checkbook type app, shopping list, other info)

5. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

Easiest way is to use a backup program like mybackup pro to back up your apk's and data. One you log back into your google account on the new device download it again from the market and run the restore.

6. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

do a google search for appbrain. Syncs all apps to an account at no cost, pretty sweet.

7. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member

Theres an app in the market called titanium backup. Its free and will back up all your apps, it has quite a few functions but that is the main and most popluar use for it. Thats what i plan on using, I use it now whenever i switch ROMs and have to do a wipe of the phone

8. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

Getting the apps on the phone is not the problem, its getting data/databases that you have from the older phone to the newer one that you have put INTO the apps on the older phone so they show up on the newer phones apps like you never switched phones