• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is the correct path...

Upvote 0
People that kept root after installing the leaked version of froyo had their su file in the xbin folder (instead of bin). Rooting with universalandroot does this for you, but since you're already rooted, that doesn't help much.

D13 is correct, upgrading to OTA will probably fail if you have installed themes. Here's help with that: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ase-universal-theme-remover-return-stock.html

D13 in

I think I like D13 better than droider:D

Upvote 0
Motorola has gone on record saying that no one will be able to OTA update if they have the Leak ( and assuming any derivative there of) already installed. They only way you will be able install the OTA is by running the .sbf to bring you back to stock 2.1.
You may be able to root again, move su to xbin and see if you stay rooted on the OTA. If not you can most likely use the droid 2 root method to root again. But I would just wait till someone roots and de-bloats the new update and install that LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones