what is the difference between 2.1 and 2.1 v2?General

Last Updated:

1. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have searched for 2.1 v2 in every different way i could think to type it and there was no results but i am positive i have seen it somewhere ... just couldnt find it.

ok so i have the 2.1 leak v1 and i was wondering what the differences are and is it worth the hassle? anyone who has v2 and if you decided not to flash the second v just want to know why?

Advertisement
  2. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

Mostly more bug fixes, lag fixes, and stability as far as I can tell. Its definitely worth the upgrade time and effort.

ericDylan likes this.
  3. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

The biggest improvement over the first 2.1 leak is no more having to log into Gmail accounts after a reboot. That was getting annoying.

4. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is the dialer lag any better at all? ... and what about facebook contacts?

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

The main difference is that one of them has an extra 2. :p

6. Wraithbane

Wraithbane Well-Known Member

ericDylan likes this.
  7. LiverpoolsNo9

There are times when it flies for me, and then times like last night when I punched the number in and it took almost a minute for each individual number to come up.

8. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

I haven't updated from V1 to V2. I really don't want to deal with setting everything up again. I'm hoping the OTA will come soon and I won't need to wipe. The login error is annoying, but I know my google password, so it's not a big deal. Sounds like the bug fixes aren't numerous enough to warrant another wipe. I've been using call log trimmer, and my dialer is a little laggy... but not unbearable.

The first leak was worth it because there were so many new features to be gained. V2... isn't worth the hassle of a wipe for me.

Of course, if a few more weeks pass without the ORA, I'll go ahead and flash V2. I won't deal with V1 forever.

9. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

+1 my finger was on the button last night but figured I could wait a while longer. I really don't want to set up again. Folks say BB is backward but I would oh so love to have the restore features of their desktop software.

10. LiverpoolsNo9

Its well worth taking the plunge from v1 to v2. If I knew the official OTA was coming out this week and I was on v1 I think I would still update today. It just feels better using it for some reason.