• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what is the difference between DNLA, Airplay and displey monitoring

assteroid

Jul 30, 2012
well
i know that there is DNLA on Samsung galaxy s2(Allshare) but what i'd like to know is that what is the different between Airplay and DNLA.

and if there is the possibility of display mirroing on android and to be more specific on Samsung galaxy s2.

thanks in advance

well
i know that there is DNLA on Samsung galaxy s2(Allshare) but what i'd like to know is that what is the different between Airplay and DNLA.

and if there is the possibility of display mirroing on android and to be more specific on Samsung galaxy s2.

thanks in advance

Airplay is a protocol made by apple and can only used by their products. you are able to mirror your content wirelessly and it's pretty easy.
dlna is an open protocal and is often integrated in modern lcd tvs. but you can only share videos and picture. no mirroring or other cool stuff.
there is a new standard coming, called miracast. its a combination of airplay and dlna. it's open and free. will be integrated in the next gen tvs. mirroring will be possible and the best part is, it is more or less lag free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones