What is the difference between "Facebook" and "Facebook for HTC Sense"?General

Last Updated:

1. DroidAZ

DroidAZ Member This Topic's Starter

I have both. Anyone know?

Advertisement
  2. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

I THINK, Facebook for HTC Sense is for Friendstream, and the other is for the Facebook app. I'm not positive though.

3. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

facebook is the actual app, facebook for htc sense is your facebook account integrated with sense. It will sync your contacts, their pictures, their status updates, these appear under people and in the people/friend stream widget. I think thats it, i have never setup that account because you cannot set it to update manually for all i know and the longest time between updates is 1 hour.

4. DroidAZ

DroidAZ Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not entirely clear on "Sense" but is there some way to uninstall or stop the Facebook for Sense and use just the Facebook app? I think it's sticking Facebook photos in my contacts.

5. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

yes you can. Sense is the user interface on the incredible. Created by HTC. It is basically just a launcher used to create a graphical interface for the android operating system. Just go to settings>accounts and sync: in there you will see facebook for htc sense and will be able to remove the account, and you can go on your merry way with the real facebook app.

6. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

I just checked and the longest interval available is once per day.

7. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

ahh yes, that is correct. Still i dont like having things auto sync data, i really like manually doing it when i need to look at something.

8. JayCizzo

JayCizzo Well-Known Member

One cool thing I've discovered about Facebook For HTC Sense. You can upload multiple pictures at once to Facebook and also create new folders. It will let you scroll through each picture and type captions as well. Picture uploading using the Facebook app only allows one at a time and I believe it goes straight to your mobile uploads folder.