• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is the difference between WIPE FACTORY RESET and WIPE DALVICK?

So I wiped Dalvik and now my phone won't recognize that it has an SD Card. What is going on? I can't even re-load Fresh without it being recognized as a driver on my PC. What should I do?
[Fixed] Well looks like I killed my EVO already... (Lost SD & USB) - xda-developers

Check out this thread. Not sure why it happened, but you should be able to fix it using that method. I tried to install a file from my Hero thinking it would work, and this happened to me too. The computer wouldnt recognize my phone, and I couldnt access my SD card.

Reactions: Sprockethead
Upvote 0
Thanks for the post. I finally figured it out. However, after the first step, where I have to reboot - the phone ran out of batteries again. Can you believe it? I'm going to either have to return the phone, or buy a new battery to finish the process.

Bah!!

With the phone OFF it will still charge. Just FYI. So leave it off and plug it into the wall for a bit, then finish the process.

The post is definitely confusing, but if you just follow it step by step you will figure it out. I thought the same thing. Also if you are rooted and have nand unlocked you may be able to restore your backup after just doing the SD card fix. This allowed me to boot into recovery and ended up fixing my USB issue by itself. Maybe I got lucky, but its a suggestion.

Reactions: Sprockethead
Upvote 0
Oh. My. Gah.

Thank you all so much for your help in researching this. Not only did I get my phone fixed, but I now know a little bit about everything that I had been confused about earlier, like how to use connectbot and how to use shell commands.

I'm not even going to reinstall the Fresh OS. I'm just going to download my settings from My Backup Pro and go with it.

You guys saved me a lot of money and headache!! I really do appreciate it!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones