What is the likelyhood?

Last Updated:

1. ZAZusmc03

ZAZusmc03 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I know that right now, if you buy one droid you get one free with a new 2 year contract. What is the likelyhood of being able to buy the X on the 15th and getting a free droid with that?

The reason I ask is, My wife and I are both eligible for upgrades, and are ready to get rid of our Storms. She was the droid, and I want the X. What do you guys think?

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

thats not going to happen with verizon already allowing people with a contract end date to upgrade early they never do the buy one get one free when a high end phone is first released

3. Gummibands

Gummibands Well-Known Member

Umm not at all. Verizon does bogo sales during certain times of the year on all their phones (buy one get one) EXCEPT brand new released phones. Plus you never, and I repeat NEVER go in and say "Um ya I'd like to buy a Droid and get a Droid for completely free." It won't happen. The bogo does not apply there. The bogo is buy one get the other phone free as long as you pay for a contract on the phone with a monthly data package of 29.99 or higher. Or at least that's how I understand it. So you're never getting the phone for completely free.

Plus as far as I know you can't mix and match various models of phones. So if you want a Droid and a Droid X ain't going to happen. It's either Droid Droid or X X no mix and match allowed.

4. ZAZusmc03

ZAZusmc03 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I know you can't just get a free phone out of the deal, I would be getting the Droid "free" while at the same time having my wife renew a 2 year. I was just wondering if you guys thought it would be at all possible to talk my way into a free droid for her, while paying for my X.

5. Gummibands

Gummibands Well-Known Member

Well I think they are doing the Droid bogo but I haven't been in a bit, you might want to call up your local VZW store and see, but if you are buying her a droid and stuff then ya if you pay for the extra data plan then ya you'll get the free phone plus your X if that's what your asking.

If your asking if while you are buying your X if you can talk them into letting you get your wife a free Droid with purchase of a data plan, I'm betting you'll probably strike out. They've never done that for anyone I've ever heard of considered that would be considered mixing and matching of phones