What is the little circle thing next to the earpiece? LED!?Support

Last Updated:

1. PieSauruS

PieSauruS New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi :D new to the forums :x I've owned several droids in the past, but I've never decided to join the forums :p but I wanted to post this since it looks like no one has posted this yet o_O..

It's barely visible and it doesn't do anything but it looks like it was clearly going to be used for LED.

I'm talking about on the left side of the earpiece...next to it, it's barely visible, there are two circles...I'm pretty sure that's where the LED would've been if it was implemented...so what gives? Why didn't samsung implement the LED when clearly the design is right there...?

If you can't see it, I recommend looking under a lamp, it's hard to see without a source of light. It's on the left side of the earpiece.

Is it possible the upcoming update can make that little circle into an LED notification O.O?!

Advertisement
  2. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Nope, it's either the light sensor or proximity sensor you're looking at. The Fascinate doesn't have an LED for notifications.

PieSauruS likes this.
  3. PieSauruS

D: But do you see what i'm talking about o_O? It's right next to the earpiece on the leftside D: is it really the light sensor but there's TWO CIRCLES D:...I got my hopes up for nothing :(

4. lonzom10

lonzom10 Well-Known Member

One is a light sensor... to help with auto dimming. The other is a proximity sensor which blanks your screen while on a call to keep you from touching other buttons by accident.

PieSauruS likes this.
  5. PieSauruS

Ah crap :( got my hopes up for nothing T.T....well thanks I guess :(

I really wish they did implement the LED flash D: Idk what it is...but I just miss my phone blinking colorful lights D:

Closing this thread would be appreciated <3 mods :s

6. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

Dude, just download NoLED. It's great. You'll get a light on your screen instead, and you can customize it to be the logo, and also customize the color. I didn't like it at first, but now I love it.

7. swtthngme

swtthngme New Member

hmmmm when i use the phone i am always putting people on mute....that sensor doesnt help me much!!!

8. matrixhemi

matrixhemi New Member

Actually those 2 cirles have nothing to do with talking on hte phone and it going blank, thats the right side of the speaker, i have tested it several times by taking my finger over it while talking and when doing it on hte oppisite side of the 2 cirlces the phone goes black, but when i do it over the 2 cirlces it doesn nothing you can still see the screen. I talked to a buddy of mine who is a verizon tech and that was actually going to be face viewing cam but they decided not to implement it and did not want to redesign it and just left it hollow. I have a broken droid x and took it apart last night and there is nothing there no sensor nothing but you can see when its apart it was going to be a face viewing cam for video calls

9. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

Well you have 2 problems with your argument

#1 you listened to a verizon tech person, we have them coming in asking US ?'s
    #2 you took apart a droid x to find out about a fascinate?

10. matrixhemi

matrixhemi New Member

On your #2, read my post it was a broken droid X i had broke the screen on when i dropped it, so it was no good