What is the oldest file you have on your computer?

1. smackdownea

smackdownea Member

for example file , picture , email or a phone text

i have got an old CV that i havent checked since July 2011 so that is mine.

Advertisement
    scary alien likes this.
  2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I've still got a W98SE hard drive that I can plug in as a USB, and some of that goes back to 1998.

I have older art projects still around from college. That was 1994 -97.

The oldest working file is a solitaire program I bought around 1998. I just hauled the whole file over to 7Pro and it ran. I'm still playing it.

I also still have most of my Palm software and games.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

The oldest files I have are some PostScript® fonts dated 5/1/1990. :eek:
    EarlyMon likes this.
  4. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

I have some pics taken 11/11/94. They seem to be the oldest files on my current PC. I still have my dos 3.1 installation disks and a complete backup of my PC on eight inch floppies. No reader for either.

Yours truly.. note the cell phone :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I have 3D Monster Maze, Sinclair ZX81 game from 1981, I have on my Apple Mac.

[​IMG]
    scary alien, olbriar and Hadron like this.
  6. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I could probably find email from the 1980s if I tried hard enough. Certainly have quite a bit of stuff from 1994 (emails, analysis macros for systems which no longer exist...).

Slightly embarrassingly, I find that I cannot locate the source files for my thesis (late 80s), which I sort of feel I should have somewhere...
    olbriar and lunatic59 like this.
  7. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Well In my tower pc I still have files from my win95 and OS/2 warp days. As far as files on media storage, I have my TRS-DOS disks from my high school TRS80-III and IV days (1984-1987). I have long since gotten rid of my C-64 and vic-20 stuff. At one time I had stuff for an ALTOS CP/M system on eight inch floppy..
  8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

Zork
    scary alien and whitehat like this.
  9. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

10. WolfieBoy

WolfieBoy Well-Known Member

OCAMark.bto
    Been on this computer since 2013. I have no idea what it is so I think it's best I leave it alone. Don't want to break it again :S