• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the one best thing you like about you GN3?

I'm not sure if there is more functionality with the N3 vs the N2 as far as the S-Pen is concerned, but I use it a whole lot more now, than I did with the N2. I rarely even removed it from the phone with the N2.

The major thing that sold me was the HD screen. I take a lot of photos with my Canon camera and I can download the images to my phone for viewing and the resolution is so much better than the 2. And who doesn't want to watch HD movies on their phone! LOL :D

I actually like air command. That thing is way more useful than when it was just limited to opening s-note automatically.

Even with s-pen helper app, where you could assign a different app to open automatically, i like that air command allows a user to choose what they want to do or just close down air command. Much more functional than what was available on the Note 2

Upvote 0
screen size..

i have not really taken advantage of the s-pen.
i want too.. but the need is not really there.

i also need to get more accustom to multi-window..
i find that it does NOT have the apps i want:
Dropbox and reading/editing documents.
ATT messaging app.
Google Voice

i have the ATT version.. so NO ROOTing for me.. YET.
because there are still some issues: Compass is f-ed up.. and notification LED is not working in all apps. I am hopping future update will fix this (hoping it is a software thing).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks, tried that and I have a list, but my handwriting sucks. :eek:
Where can I type out my items?

Sorry OP , I love the size of the screen the most (coming from 4s).
I also love the very readable phone log, (and many other things)

If you want to type out your notes, You can still use S-Note or I suggest Evernote (Evernote Sync's with S-note, but you can access Evernote through a PC or on other devices).

Upvote 0
what app do you use for ur shopping list.
I used to use my iphone for my shopping list, how do I use my N3 for a shopping list?

I use HanDBase for lots of things like that. It's not free and can sometimes take a while to custom build your list, but once you do it's brilliant. With the grocery and fruit and vegetable lists for example, I have comprehensive lists of all the different items I buy. Each day I'll think, oh I need this and that, just open the list, search for the product or sometimes go straight to it alphabetically, and tick it's box. When I go to the store I just open the list in Buy view rather than All Items view and there's my list, made up over the previous days. As I get each item I just check the box in the list and the item disappears from the view. No items, you're done :D.
You can customise pretty much everything, I have a note and quantities etc section for each item so if she who matters most specifies a particular brand or whatever I just note that. Saves you making a new list each time but it's easy to add stuff when your needs change.
You can do much more than just lists but this is getting a bit blah blah so I'm out! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones