What is the 'Real' Wallpaper resolution size for my Optimus One?

1. PocoRev

PocoRev New Member

Hi all;

I am a digital artist and would like to make custom wallpapers for my phone.

I understand that the screen resolution is 320 x 480, but when I create and upload a graphic of that size and attempt to 'set as' wallpaper, the phone forces a cropping that only accepts a portion of the graphic.

I've experimented with many different resolutions, but in the end, the forced crop only accepts a relatively small portion of the graphic. The 'gallery' pic fits the screen perfectly but gets butchered in the 'wallpapering' process.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. vipul619

vipul619 Well-Known Member

click a pic from your phone's camera in landscape mode, see its resolution
    thats the wallpaper resolution :D
  3. PocoRev

PocoRev New Member

Hi vipul619;

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question, but I'm afraid your suggestion doesn't help. The phone's camera takes pictures at 2048 x 1536 and will only display a fraction of it as a wallpaper.

The camera's resolution is 320 x 480 and will accept images with a maximum size of 400 x 300, but what I simply cannot understand is that it (the phone) refuses to fully display these properly (?) sized images as a wallpaper.

Vertical or horizontal orientation makes little difference, although I find that a landscaped image is easier to manage. Not that you get the entire picture on the screen, but it's a tad easier to select the portion you want displayed.

Sure would like to get to the bottom of this.... anyone?

Once again, thanks for your time.
  4. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Hi,

the screen's resolution is 320 x 480 pixels, so from that we get the height of the wallpaper: 480 pixels. For the wallpaper's width, it's quite simple: it's twice the screen's width: 640 pixels. I'm talking about portrait mode, of course. That's the trick I use to remember it.

So the wallpaper images files should be 640 x 480. ;) (width x height)

That's the optimal size, but in reality only the ratio is important. It should work perfectly with pictures taken with the phone (they also have a 1.3333 ratio in landscape mode). When selecting a wallpaper, an orange square will appear to "crop" the wallpaper. You can make it bigger, move it around, etc. You should expand the orange square until the whole picture is included in it.
  5. PocoRev

PocoRev New Member

Ahhh.... that did it!

Thank you kindly :)
  6. starrscreem

starrscreem Member

320*480 is resolution

but you can set even hd wallpapers
  7. PerpetualLoop

PerpetualLoop Member

He will get confused. 320 x 480 is the screen's resolution. He wants to know wallpaper's resolution which is 640 x 480.