What is the silent call bug on 2.1?General

Last Updated:

1. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 27, 2009
    Can someone explain to me what is happening on their phone when they experience the silent audio or silent call bug while using 2.1?

I have been experiencing something lately and I'm not sure if it's what everyone is talking about, or a separate issue. I have noticed that while in a call... happens 2 or 3 times a day, I'm talking to someone and the phone just goes dead, like a dropped call, but no indication that the call was dropped or ended. I look at the screen and the dialer app and everything is gone. Is this what people mean when they area talking about the silent call problem?

2. John58543

John58543 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    The one Ive read about involved call audio completely dropping out while the call is still going...

Sounds like your issue is something different
  3. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    The "silent call" or "audio loss" bug symptoms are all of the following:

1. No sound in a call.
    2. No ringtones, notifications, or media sounds.
    3. Dialer lags if you're trying to enter a phone number.
    4. Battery draining quickly.
    5. Doesn't revert to normal operation until after a reboot or soft reset.

If you have only one or two of those symptoms, you don't have the bug.

The bug usually shows up right after a successful phone call, although you usually won't notice until you go to place the next phone call, for obvious reasons. When I had the bug, I made it a habit to press the volume rocker up and down right after a call, to make sure I didn't get the bug.

Some have had it occur a) during a call, b) after listening to music, c) when connecting or disconnecting a headset, or d) randomly.