• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is the worst thing about the nook color?

Worse thing, IMO, is picking which way to root your device and which ROM to install. haha. It's a pain reading through those threads in XDA because a lot of people have different experiences which makes your choice even harder. I'm a picky ROM chooser though.

Oh, and sometimes the touchscreen is a little finicky especially around the edges.

Upvote 0
Worse thing, IMO, is picking which way to root your device and which ROM to install. haha. It's a pain reading through those threads in XDA because a lot of people have different experiences which makes your choice even harder. I'm a picky ROM chooser though.

Oh, and sometimes the touchscreen is a little finicky especially around the edges.

Thanks for mentioning the touchscreen being finicky around the edges. I thought it was just me.

Choosing the right ROM for you is the worst thing? LoL! I wish that was my worst thing! Seriously though, for the price I don't think you can go wrong with the NC. For me, as a non-techie the worst thing is trying to cut through all the "jargon" when I go to sites like xda. Don't get me wrong - lots of good people, and the work they do is beyond fantastic. I just wish I had a better grasp on the lingo so I could understand it better. ;)

Reactions: NimChimpsky
Upvote 0
eMMC will always be faster than SDcard. I'm running CM7 and it's fantastic. Highly recommended.

I was thinking about running CM7 because I wanted the speed out of running a ROM from the internal, but I heard Youtube and a few other things aren't working. Whats your experience with it? Are u able to find most apps? more importantly, does the browser work smoothly and does it play flash nicely?

Upvote 0
I was thinking about running CM7 because I wanted the speed out of running a ROM from the internal, but I heard Youtube and a few other things aren't working. Whats your experience with it? Are u able to find most apps? more importantly, does the browser work smoothly and does it play flash nicely?

Its been mentioned, but CM7 has video working now. Its not perfect yet, still capped at 15 FPS, but they are making progress. Apps are there, flash, havent tried it yet, but I have seen reports of it working.

Make a backup, try it and see, if you like it, keep it. If you hate it, restore your backup. :p

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the feedback guys... I got cm7 on my nc and love it. There are a few issues tho, some times my wifi is kind of buggy, it disconnects when the screen is off for a while and has trouble connecting when the screen comes back on, and I don't really like soft keys or button savor that much but all in all i still love this device. I can now use my phone as a phone/modem and do everything else on my NC. Flash and youtube work for me.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the feedback guys... I got cm7 on my nc and love it. There are a few issues tho, some times my wifi is kind of buggy, it disconnects when the screen is off for a while and has trouble connecting when the screen comes back on, and I don't really like soft keys or button savor that much but all in all i still love this device. I can now use my phone as a phone/modem and do everything else on my NC. Flash and youtube work for me.

Go to WIFI Setting > Hit MEnu > Then Click Advanced

Here select Wifi Sleep Policy and Click on "Never"

This should keep Wifi from cutting out, but will use slightly more battery, but wont really matter much since you'll still get a day out of it easily

Reactions: 1JOD
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones