What is the worst thing about the T mobile G1 phone?General

Last Updated:

1. 1JOD

1JOD Active Member This Topic's Starter

This is to all Current T-mobile G1 users in the U.S. I am thinking about getting The G1 and I want to know what is the worst thing about this phone. Not really interested in the worst thing about T-mobile services, just about the phone. List all the things you hate. I have not really read anything about it that turns me off. So all of you G1 haters and apple "fanboys" lets have it.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I don't really hate or dis-like anything about it. But with all the new stuff coming out I wouldn't buy a G1 now.

3. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I only really have a couple complaints:

-Needs More Storage Space -- but I've got 45 apps, and really only use 10 or so of them on a regular basis -- so honestly, I don't really NEED more storage space on the phone for apps, it would just be nice to keep things on the phone memory rather than backing them up to the SD Card and uninstalling them.

-Battery life isn't great. I used to charge it twice a day until I got the seidio extended battery which now makes my phone last a day and a half with heavy use. I'm temped to spend a day with GPS on the whole day just to see if it makes a difference -- the battery is just that good. Two hours streaming pandora to my phone and listening via bluetooth stereo headset -- no big deal anymore. that would've easily taken 30-40 percent of my battery power. Honestly, if you're getting a G1, get the seidio extended batter, best 60 bucks you'll spend, and then you won't have to carry a charger with you.

I'm an android fan, and 32-year old with reasonable expectations out of his technology, so as a result, I don't have a lot of complaints. :D

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

They charge 60 bucks for the sedio? Was that in a store or on ebay? I could of sworn they only cost around 20.

5. 1JOD

1JOD Active Member This Topic's Starter

Good feedback. What would u suggest for a new t-mobile user?

6. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

There is something wrong with the G1 ?

Not mine !!!!

No problems with memory. I have 168 apps. With a 2GB sdcard, 870mb for apps to sd (654 still open). Yes, I am rooted. Running Cyanogens newest rom.

I have never had any issues with my phone, other than messing up while rooting or an app not working right. Nothing to do with the phone.

I am thinking of buying at least 1 more if not 2 more, if I can find them cheap enough.

7. Dans07SGT

Dans07SGT Member

Doesn't play .gif files. That annoys me.

8. MacMan

MacMan Member

I've been using a G1 running 1.6 on tMobile for about a week now.. my only complaints are (in no particular order):

eMail client sucks
    calendar app sucks, too
    I wish the camera had a flash

The other thing that bugs me, and I may be able to change a setting to correct this.. is when I dial a number, put the phone to my head, and I hear "For English, Press 1".. so I take the phone away from my head to 'Press 1' and there isn't a number pad there.. just a big box with the Android logo and some information regarding the number and call duration.

Other than those things, i've been happy with the G1.

9. wondercoolguy

wondercoolguy Member

I am original g1 from day one, I love this phone. I had an issue with the battery but like most I purchased a 3rd party battery. I used the app power manager and apndroid to make my battery last even longer.

I would tell you to chill out on g1 unless you can go on craigs list and buy one for about 100 bucks now. The real G2 with updated memory and processor is due out next year. Do not lock yourself into a 2 year contractor for an outdated android phone.