1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

What is this symbol on my droid?General

1. daveowns

daveowns Member

I have an droid 3. What is this symbol? It's at the top right on the "status" bar I think. It has a phone on the top with 3 boxes below it and 2 boxes below that and one long box below it. It's by my wifi and 3G symbol

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello and welcome aboard. It's hard to say what it is without seeing it. You said that you have a Android 3 - could you be talking about Droid 3 phone? If it is, then checkout the link below:

Link.
  3. daveowns

daveowns Member

Yes it's a droid 3 and it's none of those symbols

It literally has like and olschool telephone the cord kind. With just the phone party to hear and talk out of. It's sideways and below itare 3 little boxes and below it are 2 little boxes and below that is one long box
  4. Nick G

Nick G Well-Known Member

Could you post a screenshot?
  5. daveowns

daveowns Member

Umm let me figure out how to screenshot it lol
  6. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

If It's none of the symbols in the link, then I'm at lost. It might be from an installed application or from your network carrier.

I'll move your thread to your device's support forum. Maybe someone with the same device might have an idea to what it is.
  7. daveowns

daveowns Member

Thank you. I hope someone knows
  8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Take a photo of it and attach the photo. Use a camera, your computer's webcam, whatever can take a photo.
  9. daveowns

daveowns Member

anyway I can with an app
  10. daveowns

daveowns Member

Anyone have any idea what it is? It's RIGHT beside the 3G/Wifi symbols. On the left literally right beside it. It's just a phone that sat down like it's hung up with 3 small boxses below it then 2 small boxes below those and one long box below those. That's LITERALLY what it looks like
  11. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

Take a picture.
  12. daveowns

daveowns Member

Someone told me it's the voicemail but I can't check mine yet. .. Really? If it is lol
  13. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The attached icon?

You have TTY (teletype) mode on. From home, menu->settings->call settings. Turn TTY Mode to TTY off.

Attached Files:

14. daveowns

daveowns Member

I love you.
  15. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Motorola drops the ball on documenting status bar icons, that's for sure. The D3 user manual doesn't even have the limited list that the Bionic and Razr documents have (neither of which document the TTY icon.)