What is too hot?General

1. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

My phone seems to be getting kinda hot recently. I've had the phone for 6 months or so and never noticed it before. Right now I'm getting a reading of 114.8 degrees and I'm just wondering what is too hot and if I should be worrying.

Advertisement
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Depends on what you mean by hot really. If it's getting to 114.8 degrees then that's hot to me. If it get's to the poit where it's not comfortable to hold then turn off whatever is making it hot. Heat is not good for devices at all. Are you playing games or doing a lot of intensive stuff on it?
    z0mb13m4n likes this.
  3. z0mb13m4n

I wouldn't say intensive, I have Words with Friends, Black Facebook, browser, and the Phandroid app running.
  4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

This device tends to get quite hot if using the lte radio and the screen at even medium brightness. Just yesterday I was using it with those conditions just using tapatalk and it got up to about 107 degrees.
    z0mb13m4n likes this.
  5. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

From what jhawkkw said, you could turn brightness down and makes sure there's no radio in the background and other apps as well.
    z0mb13m4n likes this.
  6. z0mb13m4n

Well I don't use lte, its 3g or usually wi-fi. Brightness is set to auto. I'm just not sure what could be causing it to run that hot.
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

3g won't make it as hot as lte, but if you're in a bad signal area, then it can still make it quite warm. Combine that with bright enough screen due to environment, and that would do it. My device doesn't tend to get that hot on wifi only though.
    z0mb13m4n likes this.
  8. z0mb13m4n

Hmm I'm kind of at a loss. I'll just keep an eye on it and see what happens. Thanks for your help.