• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories What is up with my battery?

ClairJ

Lurker
Aug 17, 2011
Hello! I got my phone a couple of weeks ago, and automatically noticed how quickly my battery dies. I when I charge it the blue light will come on but it will only be charged to about 97%. I don't use my phone very often but to text and get on fb quickly. I play words with friends, and if I have been doing those three things my battery is usually done by noon. I have taken my brightness down all the way, I have battery doctor and task killer. If I plug my phone in to charge, I can not use it in any way or it will not charge at all. Is my battery just dead? or is there something I can do? Thanks :)

I do remember words with friends ate the battery pretty good...

My battery life used to be TERRIBLE but then once I rooted my phone, i callibrated the battery (which you can search how to do at XDA forums) and all the sudden I'm getting about twice the battery life as before.

Obviously things like 4g are going to tear right through your battery, so only have it on when you are using it, and wifi whenever possible will help you out some. Live backgrounds and some other apps you may download could be chewing your battery.

When my battery life was bad, I purchased the desk mount chargers... i have 1 at work and 1 at home, and i have a car charger... so I never really was affected by the poor battery life of the phone, but having to plug it in a lot was a pain.

Upvote 0
I do remember words with friends ate the battery pretty good...

My battery life used to be TERRIBLE but then once I rooted my phone, i callibrated the battery (which you can search how to do at XDA forums) and all the sudden I'm getting about twice the battery life as before.

Obviously things like 4g are going to tear right through your battery, so only have it on when you are using it, and wifi whenever possible will help you out some. Live backgrounds and some other apps you may download could be chewing your battery.

When my battery life was bad, I purchased the desk mount chargers... i have 1 at work and 1 at home, and i have a car charger... so I never really was affected by the poor battery life of the phone, but having to plug it in a lot was a pain.

Calibrating a lithium ion battery is a physical impossibility. You should do a bit more research about what batterystats.bin is and does, and how lithium ion batteries work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones