What is up with my camera?Support

Last Updated:

1. sbbamafan

sbbamafan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It worked fine for the first 3 weeks. As of a couple of days ago it is not. If I try to use it I get a popup that says:

Sorry - The application Camera(process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

The button below says 'Force close'. What could I have done? How do I fix it?

Also my battery life at the same time has gone from acceptable to horrendous. Is this related or coincidence?

Thanks - SB

Advertisement
  2. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

i'd definitely try shutting off the phone and pulling the battery for a minute and then reboot and see, and other than that uninstall any recent applications. beyond that, i don't know that it could be anything you would have done really. if you've tried those things, maybe try a different sd card? beyond that, i'd imagine sprint would want you to hard reset the phone if it were still doing it. i haven't come across any threads about camera issues that i recall.

*definitely the apps thing could apply to the battery issue you're talking about too. this would be any widgets you've added or apps you've installed.

3. alanzer

alanzer Well-Known Member

I would definitely agree about the recent apps. I had a friend who took his to Sprint with a similar problem (his was with the dialer) only to be told to hard reset. I am sure there are other means of trying to fix it before doing that...

4. russhour

russhour Member

Is the camera closing due to a task manager, out of curiousity? I have made the mistake of using my task manager (which I rarely use for anything but Pandora...) to kill the camera which gives me the exact same error message when trying to restart the camera. I have had to turn off the phone and turn it back on. I am working on this issue, so if I come up with anything more helpful, I will let you know. I actually think it is a process bug and that it will get sorted in 2.1

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

M does it on a regular basis. I have to kill almost every running process to get the camera to open. Kind of annoying.... that and the video recorder will never record unless I close everything that was running.

6. sbbamafan

sbbamafan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Somehow mine started working again. I added an app or two and deleted a couple, batteries died, recharged and restarted over the course of a few days. Just happened to try it and it is working again. This is good but I have no idea what 'fixed' it.

7. 2droid

2droid New Member

I get the same error "The application Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and have rebooted the phone restarted, removed batt etc, I have no 3rd party apps on phone and still get the same message.