WHAT is up with the fluctuating signal bar in froyo?!!?Support

Last Updated:

1. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so what the HELL is up wtih this? since froyo, i notice that even though my DBM's are staying EXACTLY THE SAME (btwn 85 and 95 in my house), my signal bars fluctuate LIKE CRAZY anywehre from zero bars, to 4 full bars (despite the fact it may be 95 dbm) and anywhere in between for a split second, then go back to their original. it never did this in 2.1.

i'm also beginning to think if this fluctuating signal bar is correlating to our problems with TEXT TYPING LAG in froyo, as i'm starting to notice that when my lag occurs, my signal bars are fluctuating like idiots. anyone confirm this?

anyway, it's annoying. idk why, but it annoys me, especially if it is in fact correlated to the text lag that i'm seeing.

don't even think about saying "BUT OMFGZ, FACTORY RESET BRAHHH IT FIXES EEEEEVERYTHIGN!" because it doesn't. I've already factory reset this thing twice now and it's still exhibiting these same problems.

so anyone know what sup with these fluctuating bars!?

Advertisement
  2. taylor6400

taylor6400 Well-Known Member

I dont know...but i just started getting the text lag...and now half my messages dont send. Yes i do have poor service in my office but never had problems until the last couple weeks. Then yesterday i was standing (not walking) outside talking on my phone and all of a sudden dropped call. Look at it 0 bars...then it pops right back up to 3 bars. annoying.

3. jayochs

mine still send, but i just get annoying lag. i dont understand why the bars are fluctuating when the DBM is staying exactly the same. that just makes NO sense.

4. desperado

desperado Well-Known Member

What version of the PRL do you have. I was reading yesterday that updating from 51920 caused someone major signal issues. I have no issues and I have 51920 PRL so I do not intent to update. Just a thought, probably unrelated but who knows.

5. jayochs

mine is 52011