• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is up with the hopeless map???

Tomska

Lurker
Jul 1, 2010
I just got my Desire as a replacement for a stolen iPhone 3GS. So far, so OK I guess.

But what is up with the maps? My iPhone could pinpoint me to within a couple of yards - we used it as a satnav and you could watch the blue dot travelling along the street you were on.

But my Desire is telling me I am on Coley Place, which is half a mile away across town!!

How much use to me is this thing going to be as a satnav if they are half a mile out????

I'm starting to get concerned that I've made the wrong choice and should have got another 3GS...

Ha! What a muppet! Thanks. I guess I need to stop treating it like an iPhone and get my head round it. there was only a "quick start" manual with it, so I shall just work my way around it this evening.

:eek:

The full user manuel should be on the sd card that came with it.

If it's not you can download it from here:HTC Desire - User Guides

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones