What is up with the hopeless map???

Last Updated:

1. Tomska

Tomska New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my Desire as a replacement for a stolen iPhone 3GS. So far, so OK I guess.

But what is up with the maps? My iPhone could pinpoint me to within a couple of yards - we used it as a satnav and you could watch the blue dot travelling along the street you were on.

But my Desire is telling me I am on Coley Place, which is half a mile away across town!!

How much use to me is this thing going to be as a satnav if they are half a mile out????

I'm starting to get concerned that I've made the wrong choice and should have got another 3GS...

Advertisement
  2. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

You are a) outside (at least to let GPS kick in) and b) have selected My Location?

3. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

This might sound stupid but have you turned gps on?When I go into maps after forgetting to turn it on it puts me about half a mile away aswell.

4. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

It sounds like its not using the GPS at all, that is what happens when I use the local masts to pinpoint a location.

5. Tomska

Tomska New Member This Topic's Starter

Ha! What a muppet! Thanks. I guess I need to stop treating it like an iPhone and get my head round it. there was only a "quick start" manual with it, so I shall just work my way around it this evening.

:eek:

6. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

The full user manuel should be on the sd card that came with it.

If it's not you can download it from here:HTC Desire - User Guides