What is USB cord for on Samsung Moment?Support

Last Updated:

1. malk

malk Member This Topic's Starter

New to Moment..Trying to share videos and photos I've taken. As far as I can tell, there's no way to upload directly from the phone. You have to attach photos and videos and email them. One video more than two minutes long can't be sent. (too big to attach is the message) Can anyone help me with this? And I really am curious about the USB cord. For music? What?

Advertisement
  2. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

You can directly mount the SD card from a computer then do what you like with the data.

3. malk

malk Member This Topic's Starter

I don't understand this response and am not sure it answers the question. I am not asking about the sd card. I am asking about the USB cord. Can it be used to upload from the phone? Is there anyway to transfer lengthy videos(2 min.) on the phone to a computer? This refers to the Samsung Moment. On one particular video it does not give me the option to transfer to Youtube. It simply says "too large to attach."

4. mrmojoz

Wow, okay. I think you need to do some more reading. Good luck. :)

5. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

Or you could just answer the question of someone who doesn't know as much as you
    Short answer, yes. The procedure is (assuming you have Windows):
    • (With the phone and computer on) Connect the phone to the PC with the cord
    • The drivers should start installing automatically, wait for it to finish. You should get a message along the lines of "Your hardware is installed and ready to use"
    • Once that's finished, look at your phone. You should get a notification in the bar asking if you want to mount your SDcard. Tap it to do so
    You can now access your SDCard through your PC, and copy and move files between them

6. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member

Also, make sure when you are ready to disconnect the phone that you use the "Safely Remove Hardware" feature in Windows. My Moment will not show up on the computer if I yanked the cord without doing that the last time it was connected. When that happens I have to restart the phone before it'll show up again.

7. mrmojoz

So what I said. Check. :p

Remember, he doesn't want to know about the sdcard.

8. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

From reading your first post it looks like you're recommending removing the sdcard and putting it into a PC card reader. Do you really think someone who doesn't know what the USB cord is for is going to know how to mount the card, or is aware that all their stuff is saved on the sdcard, not the phone?

9. vbetts

vbetts Well-Known Member

To annoy you. Samsung makes their cables TOO short!!!D:

10. mrmojoz

I assume the best from people, I didn't know it was possible to not understand how accessing the sdcard worked. :(

11. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member

I got a couple of extra micro USB cables but I had to file down the plastic housing to allow the slider mechanism to work when they're plugged in! You just can't win!

12. jonjazy

jonjazy Member

I have a MAC and am having the same problem. Uploading a video to my computer or youtube, that is too big to attach. Can someone help with this?

13. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Did you not read this post, about 6 inches above yours?

Same thing for mac, just wait for the computer to recognize the phone, then select Mount SD card form the phone. Then find the video you want, drag it to whereever on your computer

14. jonjazy

jonjazy Member

I did read it, though I've had it connected via USB to my MAC and it never recognized the phone, nor gave me a msg. saying "your hardware is installed," etc. So cannot go to the Mount SD card prompt.

15. lule

lule New Member

im trying to upload video from my phone using the usb cord but for some reason it doesnt show up on MYCOMPUTER. any suggestions

16. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

If its not recognizing the phone, try going to:
    Menu-Settings-Applications-Development-Usb debugging.

Usually worked when I had my Moment. The reason I'm telling this, though, is because its something thats not in the instructions that come with the phone. If you're not willing to take the time to try anything before crying out help, you'll learn nothing. Read first, attempt, then ask for help if you're stuck.

17. sitlet

sitlet Banned

make sure the phone is in Disk Drive mode

18. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

To clarify, USB Debugging should be deselected (gray checkbox). Then try connecting via the USB cable again. When you're done browsing your phone in My Computer (I named mine 'Moment', because remembering the drive letter is a PITA), pull down the selection bar and select 'Unmount'.