What is using my gps service?Support

Last Updated: 2014-01-03 07:14:47
  1. ChuckyZ28

ChuckyZ28 Member

Hello all, I have noticed as of late that my gps service is constantly running. I haven't a clue which app it could be because when I contacted the developer about the latest launcher I installed he stated that it does not even have permissions to run gps service. Is there a way I can find out which app is using my gps service at any given time?

Advertisement
  2. iwoloschin

iwoloschin Well-Known Member

What's running? Long press the home button and write down any apps that show up as open. Additionally, include any apps that might be under a persistent notification (Tasker, Lightflow, etc).

I personally use Tasker with some location-based profiles, so when I turn on the screen it typically does a location check, but that only lasts a second or two.
  3. ChuckyZ28

ChuckyZ28 Member

No applications are running right now. I have closed everything down. Yet it still shows persistent gps service.
  4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Use two fingers to pull down the Notification bar and turn off GPS. It can't run if it's not on.
  5. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

If it's on, Google location service probably hits it fairly constantly. That won't show as a running app.

But if you lose the phone (or someone steals it) you'll be glad the GPS is running.