1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

What is Voice Privacy mode?Support

1. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any definitive answer on this? I've seen a few hypothesis in regard to the Hero and CDMA? I have it turned off, but if anyone knows what it is and if I need to turn it back on let a brother know.....

Advertisement
  2. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

I think it has something to do with turning down the call ear piece volume when your phone is close to your ear, so that people near you dont hear the other end of your conversation.

Never really figured out or noticed when it did its thing though.
  3. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

Encrypts outgoing voice calls and uses secure channels when available
  4. krisikat

krisikat New Member

What does this mean ?
  5. Minimike

Minimike Well-Known Member

The voice is digital, not analog in the system. I suppose this means it can be easily encrypted, i.e. garbled on transmission. How the system decrypts it, only for the recipient, is a little murky.

If it automagically translates your voice into Kilngon for transmission, anyone could re translate it upon intercepting the call. The magic is in only the intended recipient being able to correctly translate it, on the fly.
  6. CorvetteOJ

CorvetteOJ Member

I did a search and found this old thread. I have a question concerning the "enhanced privacy mode" setting. First, has anyone experienced the setting turning itself on? Secondly, has anyone noticed, when it is turned on, it can prevent you from receiving/making some calls. The phone rings but you cannot talk to anyone. I only ask because yesterday strange things happened to both my wife's and my 4G on two seperate occasions. In each case, when I investigated, I found the "enhanced privacy mode" setting turned on. When I turned it off, the phones worked normal again. Was this a coincidence or are there perhaps some gremlins in both phones? A followup question to this is...Is it possible that an app called "TIKL" could cause any of this to occur? Thanks for your time
  7. zynuq

zynuq New Member

Every so often my Husband's ZTE Warp Sequence would just start hanging up on EVERY CALL. This would continue for awhile then suddenly stop. I began searching for ( What cause a cellphone to disconnect after answering). That got me nowhere but more confused. Returning back to settings I decided to take this off. While I started looking for ( Enable enhanced privacy mode ) someone called and it didn't hang up. This posting confirmed my problem. Thanks for putting it up.