• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is Wrong with my HTC Desire's Internal Memory?

AMPO

Lurker
Aug 25, 2012
Whenever I try to update an application, I am told I don't have enough internal memory. I have to un-install the application, and then re-install it, to get the updated version. I also can't control my text messages due to this. The issue is, I have no idea how the internal memory is full. I only have 3 installed applications stored on it. And no files, I think. Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

If you only have 3 installed apps then it's likely app data. Go to the manage apps menu and sort apps by size - all apps, not just downloaded ones. Look at the big ones and see whether any are using huge amounts of data. System apps' data also live in the internal storage.

If you are rooted you can go into recovery and wipe the dalvik cache. May help if there is old stuff left in there.

Clearing app caches will get you some space.

Look in software info (about phone menu) to find out what rom.

Upvote 0
I wiped dalvik cache, and the warning went away. But when I tried to download and install Yahoo! Mail (which I deleted prior to wiping dalvik cache), the warning came back, as well as the phone stopping me from installing the application with a "Insufficient storage" message.

I will check out the Root Memory FAQ's.

Thank u both for your help, btw.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones