What is your battery life on spica?Support

Last Updated:

1. casspy

casspy Member This Topic's Starter

What is your battery life on spica? at me the record was 3.5 - 4 days , but regulary 2 days

Advertisement
  2. Rogdor

Rogdor Member

My battery life has been great, even under high usage (games, etc.) it's usually more than a full day. I went for several days this week with it only charging while I was transferring files via USB.

Sometimes it will drain quicker, there are a few apps that are quick battery drainers (usually involving heavy GPS usage).

Compared to my gf's HTC Magic, which isn't so bad but often needs a charge mid-day. No surprise considering the difference in the battery sizes. I've noticed Android 2.1 seems more efficient on battery usage than 1.5 was too, so with her HTC still stuck on 1.5 that probably makes a difference too.

3. casspy

Thank you for you're answer ! i want to install 2.1 on my spica , but i don;t know how :|

4. nehaladsul

nehaladsul Member

I am new to this forum.....

I dunno if I am permitted to provide links to other blogs. I know a blog that provides step by step guides on installing 2.1 :confused:

Let me know if I am permitted & I'll happily provide the link here.

:)

5. zenebu

zenebu New Member

I've got a new Spica, and for the first charges, it lasts me at least a whole day, with heavy use: wifi, installing and uninstalling apps, games etc...
    The only strange thing is that, from the time it finishes charging, it only lasts one hour to get to 90 % capacity

6. zenebu

zenebu New Member

I've got a new Spica, and for the first charges, it lasts me at least a whole day, with heavy use: wifi, installing and uninstalling apps, games etc...
    The only strange thing is that, from the time it finishes charging, it only lasts one hour to get to 90 % capacity

7. supra

supra Member

mine is just within or less than 24 hours coz of game and mp3 usage.

8. casspy

after a few charge , the baterry life will be 100 % . That 10% will help you for a few calls :p , but are goods :D !

9. casspy

other members with opinions about them baterry life ???1day?2days?

10. rwZephyr

rwZephyr Well-Known Member

like 3 days myself. I freaking love it when my X10 dies in mere hours

11. casspy

3days at you sounds good , at me is just 2 :(

12. mr.megi

mr.megi Well-Known Member

3-4 days :)

13. ratornado

ratornado Member

2 days....

14. casspy

mr.megi how your battery keeps 3-4 days? do you use it?

15. Whateverist

Whateverist New Member

I last recharged my phone on Tuesday. It's now the next Sunday and it just dipped below 30%. I'm sure that it can stretch to a week if I'd let it run out completely.

That's with moderate usage (texting, some web browsing on 2G and Wifi, couple hours of MP3). If you take care not to keep GPS and Wifi running it'll easily last for nearly a week.

16. casspy

impossible , my battery keeps me 2 days : 1hour speaking and few sms . Nothing else :( . Even i use internet 30 minute with 3G or 1 our the battery is 2 days :(((((((((((((

17. casspy

here are many people with samsung spica , and just a few tell us about them battery life spika ! Is strange how the battery has 3 days or more life :| . My battery has 2 days or 1,5 ....i don;t know surely because i recharge if i want to go out from house . . . even she is 30%

18. Mad_Sunday

Mad_Sunday Well-Known Member

Without doubt the best battery life I've EVER had from a phone, AMAZING! In fact I just posted about this on the "Portal" thread, it's the same phone (UK)

Pete

19. casspy

i don;t see how long keeps your baterry, where did you said that?

20. iqbalsyamsu

iqbalsyamsu New Member

less than 1 day !
    mostly used for browsing with wifi. :)

21. jimmy1

jimmy1 New Member

what about the app "fring" ? I use it for skype communication. I think it drains the battery pretty fast.
    It's the 3rd time I charged my spica (I bought it this week) and the battery lasted 11 hours today. I only used fring, internet browser, gps, wlan and 3g (nonstop running).

have anybody checked out the app "SetCPU" with a rooted spica? With that app you can underclock your 800MHz cpu to 250MHz and save like 30% battery.

Can somebody please download the app "SysMonitor" and tell me your CPU idle value?
    First of all kill all tasks with the app "Advanced Task Killer" and then open "SysMonitor" and click on CPU. Now you will see in the top left corner every 3 seconds your CPU idle value.
    Mine is ridiculously high: 13-30%

p.s.
    SysMonitor QR code:
    [​IMG]

22. aztrix

aztrix New Member

i've only had my phone 3 days and it's yet to last 24 hours, mostly 10-15 :-(

23. nailz

nailz Active Member

I bet your playing with it a lot!

After a month I'm now getting 2-3 days between the 15% battery pop up warnings, but I do sometimes plug it in via USB to transfer music/vids to it, and photos from it....

24. yah5

yah5 Active Member

If you use the phone for calls and messaging (the primairy function of a cellular phone) then it's going to last about a week. Just yesterday I used my phone for a couple text messages and some calls and the battery was at 90% at the end of the day.

If you use your phone for games, gps, mp3s, videos, and wifi/3g expect it to last about 2 days. Heavy usage brought me down to 50% in one day.

I noticed after rooting and putting samdroid I have better battery life. Probably 10% more efficient.

25. jpaulpra

jpaulpra Member

Is this thread some kind of joke when people tell the battery last for 2-3 days, mine last only for less than 24 hrs......