• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is your favorite browser for the Admire ?

AppleUser

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2011
Other than MetroWeb.

In the Play store there's things like Opera, Dolphin, Skyfire, Maxthon, UC, among others. Which are your favorites and why ?

Where may one decode the symbols are the top bar ? Even the Metro rep couldn't understand many of them. Are these icons listed in text somewhere ?

Should USB debugging be on or off ? Any other default settings which should be changed ?

Other than MetroWeb.

In the Play store there's things like Opera, Dolphin, Skyfire, Maxthon, UC, among others. Which are your favorites and why ?

Where may one decode the symbols are the top bar ? Even the Metro rep couldn't understand many of them. Are these icons listed in text somewhere ?

Should USB debugging be on or off ? Any other default settings which should be changed ?

I've been using the new Opera Next and Dolphin Mini. They both seem to be slightly faster than Metroweb. I'm leaning towards Dolphin Mini for the tabs and private browsing.

Reactions: AppleUser
Upvote 0
I've been using the new Opera Next and Dolphin Mini. They both seem to be slightly faster than Metroweb. I'm leaning towards Dolphin Mini for the tabs and private browsing.

I agree with dolphin mini. Started using it and never looked back.
As stated above makes it easy to use with tabs.
Also a very light footprint. Only 0.99MB I believe.

Upvote 0
Id have to say dolphin HD is my favorite. I think its the fastest for video streaming. Ive tried most of the browsers on the market. Too bad fire fox isnt available on our arm v6 devices. Its been proven to be the fastest web browser for android.

EDIT: the dolphin mini browser seems to be the favorite of other posters for its ease of tabs and small package size but although dolphin HD is over 3 times as large in size, its still a compact 3.27mb. I dont like that most mini web browsers dont include the ability to stream videos but instead require you to download them which is inconvenient if you dont have a strong 3g or wifi in the area.

Upvote 0
I still prefer Opera Mini

28swowx.png

Opera Mini is a well-known mobile Web browser. This is the first version of Opera browser that runs on Google's Android open mobile development platform.
The Opera Mini browser renders web pages that have been transcoded to the binary OBML format, meaning much smaller downloads and a faster browsing experience on mobiles, than would be provided by other browsers. The Android WebKit-based browser component has a switch in the public API allowing the use of a transcoding proxy that transcodes web pages to a simpler form of HTML. Whether this is as small and fast as Opera Mini's OBML remains to be seen.
Known issues:
* Small painting issues
* The Back command isn't yet mapped to the device back button

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones