26 vote(s)
    26.3%
  6. Other (post what it is)

9 vote(s)
    9.1%

Last Updated:

1. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What is your favorite feature that the Evo will be coming with?

It's a really tough choice for me. The dual cameras aren't a huge deal, but I am looking forward to video recording in 720p. LOVE the kickstand. I watch a lot of movies, and use my phone as an alarm clock, so it'll be nice to have it sit up like a clock. The 720p HDMI output I'll use quite a bit since I've converted all of the movies I own to digital format. 4G I think will be great, and I'm looking forward to the things I can do with it.

But the winner for me is the big screen. I use my phone a LOT for surfing the internet, watching movies, and viewing/showing off pictures. Having a screen this large is going to make all of these things that much nicer.

Advertisement
  2. gibsonhtp

gibsonhtp Well-Known Member

I know it's a "what's your favorite feature"...but I chose other because everything you have listed is my favorite.

3. shadrap

shadrap Well-Known Member

I voted other. To me the 1ghz processor is my favorite feature and after playing with the incredible. I realize this processor is what is needed to run android smoothly. I know this because I am currently running a rooted version of 2.1 on my hero and though it is ok, it is nowhere near as fast and as smooth as the incredible.

4. samplerate

samplerate Well-Known Member

there are just too many good features on the EVO to choose! i will have to go with 4G though 6MB DLs FTW!

5. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

I'm most excited about 4G. It completely blankets my university and my apartment, as well as the highway in between the two. My home connection is shit, and I use my phone all of the time while on the bus or in between (or in <_<) classes, and I'm really excited to see the changes that 10x faster internet than I get on my iPhone will bring.

Though, I might have been tempted to choose the 480x800 screen, if you had listed that...

6. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

For me it would be 4G with tethering. I just hope they won't charge more for this service.

Brumeister likes this.
  7. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

That screen. I can't wait to have it.

8. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

since i love webcamming
    the video chat feature
    would def be my new fave feature

9. MyHTCevo

MyHTCevo Well-Known Member

I agree, it will change the way we communicate. Good call.

10. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Def :)

11. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I love the front facing camera but 4G is going to make video chatting an even better experience so that's my vote :p

I think 4G is going to open quite a few doors of what's possible.

12. cyberranger

cyberranger Active Member

I went with 4G. The larger screen is nice but 4G gives the EVO the win over the Incredible for me after I found out last week my area DOES have 4G coverage already!

13. akayareal

akayareal Well-Known Member

Hands down 4g. The screen is nice but cant hold up to the 4g. This is what will allow it to be able to do simultaneous voice and data if it ever happens.

Knowing me this will change on a daily basis once i get the phone and push it to its limits.

The dual cameras will have to come in second because of video chat. Just got to get more people i know in ny to get the phone to use it lol.

14. GoldenStatePanda

GoldenStatePanda Well-Known Member

nice topic legacy.

for now its the 4.3 inch screen for me. i browse the web constantly on my phone so i cant wait to see the evo in action. im also goin to start watching tv episodes on it for the carpool rides into work.

4g might overtake it depending on how well sprint covers my area. i have a feeling coverage wont be as good as i hope but we'll see. being able to stream netflix or slingbox would be awesome.

legacy likes this.
  15. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Other: All of the above.

16. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

+1!!!

17. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cheaters! You can't have multiple favorites :p

Reminds me of Brian Regan (look him up if you've never heard his comedy)

"GRAPE! I'm gonna get Grape! Or, Cherry! They're both favorites. So, either one is good. If they have both, I'll get Grape, though, cause that's a little more favorite. But, if they don't have Grape, it's like, 'Oh, that's fine, cause Cherry's favorite anyway, y'know.' It's like..it's like ANOTHER favorite, but not as much.not as MUCH favorite.but, they're both good.they're BOTH good."

18. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

4G would have to be my fave because 1) Evo will be the first smartphone that consumers can use this technology with without any other device/attachment and 2) a lot of the other features (processor speed, gaming, video, downloading, hopefully truly unlimited data, etc.) really wouldn't shine or be as leapforward good or even possible without true highspeed network capability.

Going to be a lot of really jealous non 4Gers for the next few months if they are right next to an Evo owner using 4G data zooming along while the 3Ger waits. And waits. And waits.

It's about which of these features creates as one-of-a-kind feeling. And for now, that's 4G, Baby!

19. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Screen, 4G, cheap plans, good camera, latest version of Android...what *isn't* there to like?!

20. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

For sure the HDMI Output. 4.3 screen is cool but hooking it up to a LCD via HDMI is gonna be sick! :D

I would say 4g but I'm okay with 3g. I'm kinda leary about the price planning for 4g devices. And dual cameras is awesome too. Never had a phone with dual cameras. The only reason why I wouldn't say it's my favorite is because I'm not liking the idea of mobile chat rouletting. haha jk

21. kwaping

kwaping Well-Known Member

Other: built in Wi-fi hotspot.

Close second is "everything else listed" though!

22. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

New fave: Evo's ability to turn on the imaginations of so many of us stuck in an ordinary, adult world who don't often tap into our ability to dream and get excited like we did as children. Evo is magic!

23. SB22

SB22 Well-Known Member

Definitely the 4.3" screen and then the kickstand is a close second. If/when the EVO gets the Froyo update, I'll really be looking forward to the power. I think with the browser/flash capabilities and the kickstand it will fit any sort of "tablet" needs I have. I am hoping to use it as a portable recipe card for the kitchen as well too.

Always thought the iPad didn't make much sense, personally, I'd rather have the largest screen phone which is with me ALL the time than have ANOTHER device which probably wouldn't move too far from the couch. I am anticipating the EVO fitting all of those requirements for me.

24. Norril

Norril Well-Known Member

HDMI out. It is the game changer for me. I can hook up a portable lcd display and get rid of my laptop, using a virtual Windows desktop and a client to access it from the phone. GOing to be awesome!

25. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member

+1000

The reason why we in our household upgrade every year! Maybe this will be the phone of all phones (for awhile that is) :eek: