What is your favorite form of exercise?

1. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Maybe I should re-word that title.. we're going to see some funny responses. ;)

Anyway, I mean as a "keep fit" routine. I lift weights four days per week, "split routine," and ride my bicycle five or six days (outdoors weather permitting, indoors on a special stand in Winter).

How about you?

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I run 3 or 4 days a week...at least I try to.

I usually do a number of races each summer as well. I mostly have done 5k and 10k races although I am hoping to do a half marathon next summer.
  3. Frisco

I admire long distance runners. I just can't do it.. remembering my track coach in High School trying to get me to run "cross country," as they called long runs then.

Weird, because I ride my bicycle for hours on some week ends, and the town and surrounding area I live in is hilly.
  4. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

They still call it cross country.
  5. Frisco

Where does it say they don't?
  6. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

:confused:
  7. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Guide

I'm a runner. It's good stress relief as well. I recently re-subscribed for a gym membership for 4 months so I figure I'll be doing some light lifting just so I can stay cut.
  8. Frisco

That smiley is so sad. ;)

It was a referrence to my memories of High School.. not to say they don't call cross country something else now. I have a kid who is a senior, she's not a cc runner, but we're involved in the school sports as supporters, etc.

Hey, maybe this one: :).. or perhaps: [​IMG]

:D etc..
  9. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

running and gym. usually will run 2-3 miles a day then go to gym do 1 mile on treadmill then weights. I still miss the good ol track days though.
  10. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I joined a gym this year too - it's really the only way for me to stay fit and cut.

Kind of like in college where I couldn't study at my house. Had to go to a library with no distractions.

Anyways - it's only $50 a month and it's got 2 swimming pools, a hot tub, a sauna, a steam (my personal favorite), tanning bed (don't use those anymore), massage parlor, basketball court, and a complete fitness center for cardio and weights.

I don't do as much cardio as I should but I warm up at the basketball court then I typically do lifting, lots of crunches, and then a 10-15 minute steam.

The fitness center is setup so the TVs are on the far wall, then comes the cardio equipment, then the weight lifting equipment. So as I'm lifting I get to check out all the hot chicks workin their butts on the cardio machines and it looks like I'm watching TV. Works out pretty well.
  11. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

lol - that is a pretty sad smiley. The jumping laughy one is better :p

I see what you are saying now. Hopefully I won't have to use the sad smiley with question marks over it's head anymore..
  12. Frisco

We need more choices.. so I often go off site to grab one. ;) .. I mean [​IMG]
  13. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Angry Birds on my android :(
  14. Frisco

Not hand-clapping?

I'm crestfallen. :D
  15. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

whoever hasnt said sex either is a virgin or never had some good lovin
  16. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

:eek:
  17. Frisco

That's not a form of exercise, or at least it shouldn't be.

"The most worthwhile things in life are taken slowly, very very slowly."

- Don Giacomo Casanova
  18. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I bike to/from work every day.

Swimming would be my exercise of choice though as it's easiest on my bad knee/ankle.
  19. lostprophet894

lostprophet894 Well-Known Member

Weight training on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays then Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. I'm going to be honest; I enjoy the weight lifting more right now because I've been out of training BJJ for so long due to injury. I think once I start to get some of my skills "unrustified" I may enjoy it a bit more.

I normally have one day per week where I wake up and just don't feel like moving so most weeks it's five days and the rest six.
  20. power walking with my dogs. body is way too beat up to run, and dogs don't like swimming laps. :)
  21. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

Parkour when it's dry, or else it's just normal gym workout at university. I'm bit lucky on that behalf, since it's indoor gymnasium and also indoor track field that's on high ground. :)
  22. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

I used to run, but the ice cubes kept bouncing out of my drink. So I started walking but ended up always walking to the ice creme parlor.

So I set up a rowing machine in the living room in front of the TV and found that was convenient because I could row into the kitchen and get a beer when I wanted one. :D
  23. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Back when I worked out I'd lift weights 4 or 5 days a week plus push-ups, weighted pull-ups, and weighted dips. I lovedddddd weighted dips which, to answer the thread, was probably my favorite exercise. I've got to start my routine again but don't have the time anymore.
  24. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I like bike riding and swimming. I don't do either of them enough, though.
  25. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I haven't been to the gym in like, two weeks. I usually go three times a week, and on the other three days I follow a running program, which is fairly easy seeing that I'm not in any way overweight. I just realized that for the past few years, I couldn't do anything physical without having my heart rate rise way too high, so I decided to get fit.

The name of the program is C25k (couch to 5 kilometers). I think it's intended for jogging, but I use it for running. ;)

Started lifting weights a few months ago, and I gained about 15 pounds (which is great!). I got tired of eating all the time and wanted to try running, so I've been "cutting" for a short while now. I can only see my upper 2 abs. :(

And yes, to gain muscle I must eat six or seven meals a day and LOTS of food. I have the typical ectomorph shape, if anyone knows what it means. ;)