• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is your favorite form of exercise?

larf.gif
larf.gif
larf.gif

Upvote 0
Ehh, not really. You need to run (for cardio build-up) to play a majority of sports. You also need the gym to build muscle endurance and you can learn stretching techniques to assist your body in it's movements and to help prevent injury.

(I also have played baseball since I was 5 yrs old all the way up to my senior year of college when I tore my AC joint in my pitching shoulder. Without the gym, I most likely would have never made it that far)
Yes, sports really can give you great workouts. You may not gain any muscle or stamina playing baseball. That's because that sport takes very little effort. It's not an aerobic workout nor is there much exertion that builds muscle.

I play hockey, football, and basketball with friends. As long as you're not lazy they provide great aerobic workouts.

Are there girls working out in spandex or steam rooms on the soccer field?

Didn't think so! ;)
So you're one of those perverts that goes to the gym to creep on girls?

And no, I don't play soccer.

Upvote 0
I have access to a very small exercise room at work which includes a treadmill, eliptical, a stationary bike machine (the one where you sit and the pedals are out in front of you) and an all-in-one weight machine. I'm currently trying to figure out a workout routine that I can use this equipment for. If you guys have any advice you can give me it would be awesome. I'm currently trying to drop about 20-30 lbs and want to tone up after that. I currently reside at 5'11'' and weigh around 225. I was according to all those online things my ideal weight should be around 140-150, but everyone says that that would be just too small for me.

Upvote 0
I'm no nutrition expert but 140 sounds way too small for somebody who is 5'11". Especially considering the fact that you'd probably gain some muscle weight in the process of losing the pounds.

Keep it up man - since my post about my exercise routine on 9/24, I've already slimmed down noticeably (don't have a scale so I have no idea how much I weigh). It's just a matter of staying committed to a routine and eating reasonably well. :)

Upvote 0
I'm no nutrition expert but 140 sounds way too small for somebody who is 5'11". Especially considering the fact that you'd probably gain some muscle weight in the process of losing the pounds.

Keep it up man - since my post about my exercise routine on 9/24, I've already slimmed down noticeably (don't have a scale so I have no idea how much I weigh). It's just a matter of staying committed to a routine and eating reasonably well. :)

Yeah, I was doing good for a while there. Was working out 4-5 nights a week. Got down to 200 then it was like my motivation just hit a brick wall. I've been struggling to get it back ever since. I enjoy running either outside or on the treadmill, but after a bit, my left ankle starts to bother me sometimes so that can get annoying. I've been told just walking is good, but I never feel like it's doing me any good. Perhaps I should try the bike machine or the eliptical. I definately enjoy cardio more than weight lifting.

Upvote 0
I'm actually a personal Trainer for a living.

I generally lift 3-4 times a week. I think my favorite workout right now is biceps. I love that burn when I get to failure.

My most hated workout is any back exercise. I blew out my right trap not too long ago and I needed to cool out. But I start up again tomorrow. Wish me luck

Upvote 0
I have access to a very small exercise room at work which includes a treadmill, eliptical, a stationary bike machine (the one where you sit and the pedals are out in front of you) and an all-in-one weight machine. I'm currently trying to figure out a workout routine that I can use this equipment for. If you guys have any advice you can give me it would be awesome. I'm currently trying to drop about 20-30 lbs and want to tone up after that. I currently reside at 5'11'' and weigh around 225. I was according to all those online things my ideal weight should be around 140-150, but everyone says that that would be just too small for me.

I'm 5'11, weighed 242 lbs, got down to 172 in a year and a half, slacked off, and now sitting at about 190. At 172, 5'11, definitely looks a little too skinny. I think 180 is the perfect weight for a guy with a larger frame at 5'11. Good luck!

Upvote 0
I'm 5'11, weighed 242 lbs, got down to 172 in a year and a half, slacked off, and now sitting at about 190. At 172, 5'11, definitely looks a little too skinny. I think 180 is the perfect weight for a guy with a larger frame at 5'11. Good luck!

That would be me. :D Just finished up a 2.3 mile sprint burst on the treadmill here at work. Feels good.

Upvote 0
I'm actually a personal Trainer for a living.

I generally lift 3-4 times a week. I think my favorite workout right now is biceps. I love that burn when I get to failure.

My most hated workout is any back exercise. I blew out my right trap not too long ago and I needed to cool out. But I start up again tomorrow. Wish me luck
Good Luck. Always a fine line between pushing it and injury recovery.
I'm just the opposite. I love back stuff.
Always respected someone with a big thick strong back versus the mirror muscles physique

Upvote 0
Good Luck. Always a fine line between pushing it and injury recovery.
I'm just the opposite. I love back stuff.
Always respected someone with a big thick strong back versus the mirror muscles physique

Along those lines, I discovered something about my back (chronic pain for years): stomach exercises.

I think it's well known among some physical therapists, etc, but I only last year came to understand the relationship between back strength and comfort, and strong abdominal muscles.. the abs support the back! ;)

Crunches, etc, can help some back problems.

Upvote 0
I was according to all those online things my ideal weight should be around 140-150, but everyone says that that would be just too small for me.
...what online site were you reading? Cause I can say that you'd be annorexic if you weighted 140lb at 5'11. I don't think that's accurate at all.

I enjoy running either outside or on the treadmill, but after a bit, my left ankle starts to bother me sometimes so that can get annoying. I've been told just walking is good, but I never feel like it's doing me any good. Perhaps I should try the bike machine or the eliptical. I definately enjoy cardio more than weight lifting.
You might want to see a Podiatrist so that they can look into the way you run and get proper shoes. If your left ankle hurts after running for a bit, I'm thinking you're putting more pressure on that foot.

Power Walking is GREAT exercise that don't put as much strain on your joints as running (even jogging does). If you power walk properly, you'd walk as fast as jogging. Power walking is fun when you're doing it with other people (you can actually talk to them still). What I found best for me, is that if I bent my knees a bit when I power walk, I really increase my momentum and I can feel the muscles in my legs burning :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones