• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is your favorite live walllpaper?

I used stars, but now that ive seen what a waste/processor hog/battery drain they are I use a normal wallpaper.
When I had me Dinc it listed live wallpaper as one of the items in the "what used your battery" display and it was only 1 to 2%. That may be too much for some and I have seen bad ones that take more power put a good one isn't too bad on power drain.

I like the aquarium wallpaper. I put my X in the Multimedia dock and page to a completely unused home screen and it looks like a little fish tank on my desk.

Upvote 0
Anyone with aCircuit? How's it doing on the battery?
I have it but only ran it briefly. As far as not killing the battery. City at night seems low use if you set the traffic, and clouds to slow. Starfield also seems to be light on the battery, if you set it slow as well. I guess the more items, and more speed you set the moving items to, the more drain.

Upvote 0
i switch between a few i like the donate version of galatic core you can change the colors and make it look real nice i also use galaxy as well but i add analog clock collection and put a solid black face clock in the center of the rotation and it looks real nice and clean i dont know how to take screenshoots if im not rooted if anyone knows ill share a few screenshots

Upvote 0
aquarium.jpg

I'm totally digging on the Aquarium Live Wallpaper. You can tap the screen to drop food in at the top of the tank and the fish will swim up and eat it.

Don

Upvote 0
Just tried out the City At Night one and it's nice. However, I don't like it stretched out between all of my homescreens. On my main screen, for example, I can't see the streaking car lights. I disabled wallpaper scrolling but all that does is keep the wallpaper static in the background - it doesn't resize it so I can see the entire background. Is there a way to do this, or is this just the way the wp was designed? I noticed some of my live wallpapers only just up one screen and others use multiple.

Upvote 0
Just tried out the City At Night one and it's nice. However, I don't like it stretched out between all of my homescreens. On my main screen, for example, I can't see the streaking car lights. I disabled wallpaper scrolling but all that does is keep the wallpaper static in the background - it doesn't resize it so I can see the entire background. Is there a way to do this, or is this just the way the wp was designed? I noticed some of my live wallpapers only just up one screen and others use multiple.

The Live Wallpaper was made for scrolling backgrounds, your going to miss out on a lot of cool things by disabling that.

Upvote 0
Personally I LOVE landscapes and sky pics/wallpapers.

Silhouette Donation is the one I currently use. I use beautiful widgets with it (small) with no background and the weather picture looks great along with the live wallpaper.

Don't have SDK on my phone so I can't upload a screenshot but I implore anyone who likes as sky scene to check it out.

There is a free version that doesn't allow you to tamper with the settings too.

Upvote 0
I'm totally digging on the Aquarium Live Wallpaper. You can tap the screen to drop food in at the top of the tank and the fish will swim up and eat it.

Don

I like this one as well I stopped using it when my phone seemed to stutter (scrolling in app list, moving between home screens) a lot more with it on.

I've since gone to Launcher Pro Plus, maybe I should try it again.

Upvote 0
Metal Slug Zombies - lets you blast the zombies if you want and play a mini game where you don't let them reach the other side of the screen. XD Has many options for amount of zombies and planes that bomb them and such. Fun wallpaper
57770-2.jpg

Nexus Revamped Pro...just gorgeous. Simplistic yet cool. Free version is great, pro costs money but gives you tons of customization. Just 4 different colored lines streaking across the screen. Can choose how many lines, how fast, how long tails are, and tons of stuff
NexusRevamped-168x300.png

Where did you download the Metal Slug Zombies one i searched for it in the market and i couldn't find it.

Upvote 0
I like this one as well I stopped using it when my phone seemed to stutter (scrolling in app list, moving between home screens) a lot more with it on.

I've since gone to Launcher Pro Plus, maybe I should try it again.

I'm running the stock launcher and I don't have much issue scrolling through the home pages. I do notice that there is some lag when scrolling through the app drawer. Though it seems to go away after scrolling through to the bottom one time. I also notice lag when undocking from the car dock and multimedia dock. The aquarium wallpaper comes right up but it seems like it takes ten or 15 seconds for all the widgets to appear.

All in all it's worth it to me. Well for now anyway... I'll probably get bored with it soon enough. :rolleyes:

Don

Upvote 0
Where did you download the Metal Slug Zombies one i searched for it in the market and i couldn't find it.
I got it from the market, search for "MS Zombie" it is by USCCoder.

here is a link to it on Androlib

that is ver 1.3, it is up to 1.4 now.

edit: looks like most sites say it was pulled from the market. Must be because of copywrites

edit 2: yeah, looks to be pulled down. I have the .APK saved on my SD card now though thanks to Root Manager. Hit me up with an email at JCIAMPI at GMAIL dot COM and i will forward you the file. :D

edit 3: i can do this for hte Super Mario Wall paper if anyone wants that too. Just mention what wall paper you want in the email

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones