1. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

HTC Notepad Widget - very basic
    AK Notepad - Snaptic
    ColorNote Notepad Notes - Notes
    Astrid Task/ToDo List
    3banana Notes - Snaptic
    Other..

So what is your favorite and why? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

3Banana - nice interface and website interaction. Has a great little widget.

jamor likes this.
  3. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

HTC Notepad works fine for me. I lile post it notes ;)

jamor likes this.
  4. jamor

What kind of website interaction?

5. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

Astrid

jamor likes this.
  6. Rubik76

7. jamor

8. kevinbakon

kevinbakon Well-Known Member

For me, ColorNote
    I can see the advantages of the others, but my notes/checklists (like groceries & ToDo) are simple and not time sensitive. If they were, they'd be in my calendar.

jamor likes this.
  9. Rubik76

Good question - just did a test. When mobile network is off, notes don't sync. However, when you turn the network back on, the next time 3banana syncs, it'll sync everything that was entered while offline.

Said differently: You still have full functionality in both the Android app and website when the phone's mobile network is off - you just lose sync until it's back on.

10. jamor

Cool thank you - Is the syncing mainly for privacy protection so that only you can access content over the web via password?

11. Rubik76

Syncing is mainly for convenience, allowing you to add notes from either your computer or Inc, and to view them either place. Your notes are also backed up online in case something happens to your phone this way, too.

Another candidate from a task list perspective is the Remember the Milk client for Android. The only downside here is you have to be a Pro member of RTM, and that's $25 a year. Remember The Milk app now available for Android | Google Android Blog

12. jamor

Ahh very helpful appreciate it

13. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

For tasks I use Astrid. For notes I use Evernote.

14. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

If you have a Remember the Milk account, you can use Astrid - its FREE and you don't have to pay the $25 to RTM. Astrid can sync with your Remember the Milk account. One warning, if you use repeating tasks, ONLY maintain them in one place - either thru Remember the Milk website or Astrid on your phone.

Rubik76 likes this.
  15. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

For tasks: Astrid

For general notes/lists: 3Banana

16. Nunley

Nunley Well-Known Member

I have a need to make sure all of my machines/toys are integrated. I own a mac so that makes it a lot more difficult but not impossible.

Evernote integrates across all platforms including Apple, PC, Android or BB. It's cloud based as well as an application, the only problem is that you can not keep your notes hard saved. It requires a data connection!

Remember the Milk has been my task keeper after I've tried most other products. It's interface is simple, provides task bar notification and is usable over multiple platforms with Google calendar integration. I tried Astrid but I ended up paying the 25 dollars to have it available on my Apple products. So far it's been worth it.

What I really wish worked with Google/Android is Culture Code's Things. It is such a great task organizer and the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch interfaces are second to none. I wish I could use this program on my Android equipment. :(

jamor likes this.
  17. jamor

Nunley,

Thanks for input.

I noticed Astrid sits in running applications. Do you think this does much wear on the battery?

18. joeybcdt

joeybcdt Member

I use iGoogle as my homepage on my pc's. One of the Gadgets on there is Google Tasks. On my phone I've bookmarked Google Tasks on my Home screen. Not ideal but it works and is free.

19. 1999ncsu

1999ncsu Member

I would love this too. We are moving to gmail for work email, so I have explored google tasks. I love the ability to make a task from an email and then archive the email. When I complete the task, there is a link for the related email. Brings the email back and I can reply.

I also tried the RTM extension, but it kept breaking with each email update.

20. atnbirdie

atnbirdie Guest

I use Evernote for most of my notes due to ability tag notes, clip web pages, include photos, recordings, etc. Also, DB is in the cloud and synced to PC (Mac or Win) but not stored on phone so I can access from any computer or my phone. This works for me 90% of the time.

There are times (e.g., when camping, star gazing, etc.) when I might not have a signal so need certain notes on my phone. I know which ones those are so use GNotes for them. With this app, notes reside on phone and are syncd to a "Notes" folder in GDocs so I can get to them from anywhere if I have a connection.

21. accohn12

accohn12 Well-Known Member

probably a stupid question, but where is the HTC Notepad app/widget? I don't see it on my phone by default, do you have to DL it?

22. zenphan

zenphan Member

Go to your phone and the widgets section. There is a link that says "Get more HTC widgets" you'll see Notes widget there.

23. accohn12

accohn12 Well-Known Member

ah yes, there it is! Didn't even notice that. Thanks.

24. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

I use Astrid for Tasks. Note Everything for notes. And I do keep Everyone handy for gaining access to my laptop notes.