0.0%
  14. Eris Lightning/Bolt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Last Updated:

1. cmotion

cmotion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everybody,

So I was encouraged by the discussion in the Froyo poll I posted the other day. CELB froyo, despite having the lowest number of votes, seems to have found a bunch of new fans due to others speaking so highly of it (myself included). I thought I would post another poll, asking people what their "Home Base" roms are... i.e. your "everyday, comfort-food, what-you-go-back-to-after-flashing-new-roms" ROM. I'm going to have to start off and put my vote down for xtrROM. I was amazed when I flashed it a few days ago how super fast and smooth everything was, without any tweaks of my own. Battery life seems decent (gonna give it a few more days before I make final judgment on that for the rom to settle in), and I can't say I've been happier with anything else thus far. xtrROM will for sure be my home base for some time to come. What about you???

Advertisement
  2. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

I use xtrROM pretty much exclusively. I did get curious the other night and tried out one of the 2.2 Froyo roms...it was cool seeing the different settings and stuff, but the speed was nowhere near as good as it is with xtr. So after my brief affair with Froyo, I'm back to my main squeeze. For now. :)

3. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

xtr with jit is about the fastest we're going to ever get, i think.

too bad pandora's still ****ed, though.

4. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member

Nonsensikal is my "home base". It's the only ROM I've ever used. >.>

5. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

i have used tazz for a long time. used kaos very briefly. it wasnt very smooth on my eris. now i use nonsensikal 8.2. i would use 9.0 but it merged the black and blue themes and i like the black theme.

6. xzillerationer

xzillerationer Well-Known Member

Kaosfroyo all the way. My phone FLIES. I love 2.2 as well. I used Evil Eris 3 for a while... it was fairly good. The Sense on it looked better, and I loved the Dark red/neon blue theme as well.

7. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

I love Tazz (especially now that we have The Pink):

[​IMG]

:D (and yes, it really is 100 degrees :mad:)

8. jaym

jaym Member

I spent several days with a CELB rom after that poll as well. I eventually came back to KaosFroyo v34 (had issues with 35-1 and won't flash 36 until the headphone issue is fixed). Even after I flashed the collins_ph battery tweak on CELB, I was still getting some lag/freeze ups.

KFC v34 consistently gets better scores on quadrant, fwiw, and gives me less headaches.

9. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

Mine is ShadowRom

the wifes is XTRsense

10. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

xtrsense

currently using xtrrom though

11. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

After many months of trying almost everything, including running xtrROM 3 for weeks, and Kaos Froyo for 5 weeks, I am now calling CELB my home. I may try ShadowRom shortly just to try it, but I get the best results for me from CELB. Nonsensikal, BTW, is a close second.

I did try xtrROM 4.6 last week for a few days, but it just didn't work for me. First, battery life just did not match what I get from the Froyo ROMs with the same usage - I needed to plug in all 3 days before the end of the day. Second, I simply cannot stand that "multi-touch" keyboard. First of all, it doesn't appear to be multi-touch; second, it does not track well for me; third, it is just plain ugly. Of course, Kaos now has the same keyboard issue.

12. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

personally I find all premade roms ugly, and hate *all* keyboard alternatives, which is why I installed htc_ime mod, launcher pro, and widget locker. Someone at xda coded a low-rez version that is the first keyboard i've tried, bar none, that is actually usable in google voice.

13. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

I used to use White Widow, but there were a few minor issues I had that were just deal-breakers for me (proximity sensor didn't work in-call, no keypad in-call).

I switched to ErisLightningBolt and loved it because both of those features were there, but after a while it would just randomly freeze and reboot way too often (nearly once a day). Completely random too... could be when opening an app, could be while typing, could be while using Navigator... very inconsistent, and it only seemed to happen when it was very inconvenient for me.

After getting fed up, I finally went to Froyo, Kaos-flavored. No problems at all so far... it's got everything I loved about ELB, with the addition of the 2.2-specific stuff, and now there's no way I will go back to 2.1. I've been on it for a couple weeks now and it's great... started with v35-1, now on v36 and it's even better (fixed Gallery ftw!). Honestly I don't have a reason to try the other ones just yet, since this one is pretty much exactly what I want.

The only thing left is to get Flash running, and I'll be satisfied [enough] until my contract is up and I can get a new phone (Incredible or better).

14. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

2.1 android - xtrROM
    2.2 android - Nonsensikal

I carry both roms with me all the time on my flash card.

15. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to that keyboard you're using? I'm getting really sick of the lag when I use Google Voice. Thanks.

Edit: I believe this is the right one. Please let me know if it's different from the one you're using. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

16. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

I change mine way too often to have one be considered my "home rom." If I had to choose one though, it would be Tazz Froyo. I seem to spend more total time on that than any other.

17. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Well-Known Member

Pandora works just fine for me.

18. Alleycat

Alleycat Well-Known Member

When I first rooted, I tried White Widow and enjoyed it. Then I got bitten by the Froyo Bug and tried KaosFroyo. Unfortunately, Kaos did not get along well with my handset (FC's, spontaneous reboots, lag, camera issues). I switched to XTRSense about 2 weeks ago and so far, I'm hooked.

Only problem I'm having is I want to try other ROMs but I like XTRSense too much.

19. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

Alleycat likes this.
  20. VanDums

VanDums Well-Known Member

I have stuck with Tazz Froyo 11. I love it. It's stable and quick. I haven't had any problems with it. The only thing missing is Flash but I don't use it enough to care. I tried 12 but didn't care for it. There is a camera bug and I don't like the 3d gallery. Way to slow. 11 has been perfect.

21. ggangi

ggangi Well-Known Member

I followed this path as well but am on 9.0. By far the smoothest ROM I have installed.

22. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

I was in the same situation but I flashed the vanilla theme and now black is back. Nonsensikal works great for me, it has all the great froyo features and battery life is better than stock. I still get some lag sometimes when typing in the browser, but other typing and the dialer work great.

-Keith

23. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

How did you get the black theme on Vanilla?

24. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

I switched to CELEB Froyo after that last poll. I've been pretty happy with it! This is the first time I've found live wallpapers to be a viable thing for daily use, and I love all the attention the Super Mario LWP has gotten me!

But I would like to know why Nonsensikal has its fans. How is it different from the other Froyos? Is it just the theme options? Because I'm not a fan of those... well, I like the pink but I don't think I'm a big enough man to sport that in public, or around my wife.

Also, I think the xtr series is amazing, but I can't stand to give up the vanilla Froyo experience. The only feature I miss is the fast, reliable gallery app that can handle my massive library of photos. Every time I try to show people pictures with Froyo it ends in embarrassment. This is still true in the latest CELEB build.

25. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

I think the Black and Blue theme for Nonsensikal makes it popular. The Vanilla version of Nonsensikal is probably the exact same thing as CELB Froyo.