What is your tip for throwing a web page from phone to PC?Support

1. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I have noticed that there is a thread on tips for getting web pages from a PC to the phone for viewing ((How to) get a web page from computer to phone. - Android Forums). I don't have a problem with this and I use the qr code extension method with Firefox. What I would like to know is if anyone has come up with an equally simple & quick way to throw a web page found on the phone to their PC? I know of some ways to do it..I'm looking for the most time efficient/easy way to do it. Give me your best peoples!

Advertisement
    :
  2. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

I use the goo.gl extension for chrome, add .qr to the end of the shortened URL, and scan the QR code with my phone.
  3. dscribe

No no, that takes the web page from the PC to the phone... wrong direction. (As I said, I already have a way to do what you suggested nice and quick)
  4. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

D'oh. My bad.

If you use Opera, you can use their bookmark sync. :p
  5. dscribe

I don't use opera, but I appreciate the response. Anyone else have ideas?
  6. FishDoctor

FishDoctor Well-Known Member

I think Xmarks has a similar syncing ability available for the major browsers: Xmarks | Bookmark Sync and Search

I have been using this for quite a while and love how it lets me access my bookmarks from almost any computer.

I would try it on my android phone if my Incredible would ever get delivered :-(x)
    Still probably not what you are looking for...
  7. dscribe

I actually do use xmarks but I don't think the browser in the incredible supports dropping urls into xmarks other than manually which is not what I am looking for. I appreciate your suggestion nonetheless. I'm beginning to think there is an opportunity for someone to write an app here.
  8. dscribe

I've been looking at this whole thing and so far the best/quickest thing I've come up with is using menu>more>Share page in the browser to send it to myself in gmail. If anyone comes up with a better way I'd sure like to hear about it.
  9. dscribe