Alright had my D3 since July and have been running Liberty since around September/October with absolutely zero issues. The past month or so though my battery as been garbage discharging from full in about 5 hours or so if you use it just a bit. Tonight I'm texting and slide the keyboard to respond to a message. The screen flickers then slowly starts to dim until the screen goes completely black. The phone was still on at the time because even though it was black I could feel the haptic feedback of trying to unlock the slider. After about 10 seconds of the black screen I started to smell burning wires/circuits that was definitely coming from the phone and about the time I realized that the phone heated up so hot that it started to burn me. I managed to yank the cover off really quick and pull the battery and let it all cool for a while. Now you put the battery in and it just flashed at the "M". It won't even make it to boot animation anymore. My battery was too low to try an SBF so I swapped out my mothers battery into it and then it booted fully up but the screen so dark I could hardly see it and again it started getting hot. I put it into the recovery mode to SBF it and the screen just says battery too low to sbf when it's a fully charged battery and again it's getting REALLY hot. I'm assuming I have a definite hardware problem now, but what on earth would have caused this?