• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What keeps the phone "Awake"?

It really depends on if that is realistic or not. What do you do with the phone, do you listen to music, or anything for extended periods of time? The awake time should really only reflect when you are actually "using" the phone (calls, browsing, text, email, music, etc).

There have also been some reports that the google syncing has been acting flaky causing constant syncing. Check your 'last sync' time for google. It should only happen every 3 hours, if it is happening more often that could be a cause.

Upvote 0
It really depends on if that is realistic or not. What do you do with the phone, do you listen to music, or anything for extended periods of time? The awake time should really only reflect when you are actually "using" the phone (calls, browsing, text, email, music, etc).

There have also been some reports that the google syncing has been acting flaky causing constant syncing. Check your 'last sync' time for google. It should only happen every 3 hours, if it is happening more often that could be a cause.

Thanks, just checked and Google hasn't been syncing constantly.

If you look at those numbers, they include when I was asleep :). So assuming that the phone was asleep when I was (since I obviously wasn't playing around with it), then those numbers look like it was "awake" the entire time it was "up".

Edit - there is no way I was playing with the phone for 20 hours in the last 27 hours.

Upvote 0
also check your syncing programs... back-up assistant, weather, Gmail, Google and so on.... Go To Settings, About Phone.... ACCOUNTS & SYNC, then check your dates and times of each program and their times.

If your phone is syncing its not sleeping, if your sync times are set for overnight times, then it would be a good idea to keep your phone on a charge during the night.

Each person needs to check their phones, settings vary.

Upvote 0
I have been keeping a steady eye on my phone. In the last two days I have noticed that Standby and Idle have been taking up most of my battery. While this was not the case prior to the last two days, it bothers me that this appears to be an issue. I've read through the countless threads that claim to fix this, but to no avail.

My awake time has been something ridiculous, 37 of the last 48 hours awake... ouch. I will now have to start keeping tabs on my various accounts and see if I've run into a snag on one of them.

Upvote 0
There was a big thread about this. For better battery life, after your phone is fully charged, turn it off and let it charge another 20 pct until the green light goes on with the phone off.

Then toggle airplane mode on and off and force close the calendar.

That should fix your problem.

I never really checked to see how much battery I got last night but I was over 9 hours

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones