What keyboard do you use?General

1. Matthew83

Matthew83 Well-Known Member

I'm curious what keyboard you guys are using for this phone. I know there are other threads in other sections of this forum but I want opinions from users of the Motion.

I tried a few; swiftkey, Go keyboard, and A.I Type Keyboard. I think I tried a few others too. So far I like A.I Type the best but it has issues with typing in this message board sometimes.

I have reverted back to stock temporarily and I'm going to try using swiftkey or others again. I'm really new to smartphones so it is taking me a while to get used to typing with no physical keys, but I am getting better everyday.

What keyboard do you use?

Advertisement
  2. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

I've been using swift key 3. Purchased.

Okay, but sometimes the autocorrect seems too aggressive. I still hit keys incorrectly. And although says it allows for more than one language, when I set it for two languages, autocorrect was very often completing words incorrectly.

Motion specific, I'd say the physical screen space could be used slightly better to make the keys just slightly larger.

So I'd rate it as a meh.
  3. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

I use the stock jellybean keyboard off the play store. The one with the better rating.
    Matthew83 likes this.
  4. TheGoodMan

TheGoodMan Well-Known Member

I use my stock Swype. misclick a lot so its great for me.
  5. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

+ 1 to swiftkey keyboard. I like the layout, predictions and just the way it works.
  6. Matthew83

I just downloaded this keyboard. I do like it, not sure if I will keep using it but it is nicer than stock LG keyboard.
  7. huckman316

huckman316 Member

I use Big Button Keyboard, cause I have fat fingers lol.
    Matthew83 likes this.
  8. warock56

warock56 Well-Known Member

Stock Swype too, once you get used to it, there's nothing better than typing (or in this case swiping) with only one finger.
  9. Matthew83

I tried Swype once when I first got the phone and I really wasn't used to it. I will have to practice with it some more.

Oh my, lol. I just looked up Big Button Keyboard and wow that sure is big! Not sure if I would be used to that, but great idea though.
  10. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

+1 for SwiftKey. Love the predictions.
  11. huckman316

huckman316 Member

There is also Thumb Keyboard. It lets you change the layout.
  12. johnnyolivares

johnnyolivares Well-Known Member

Ics keyboard. Paid
  13. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

I use stock LG Keyboard as I don't like that auto correct, and suggestion thing most keyboards come automatically featured with.
  14. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

I just switched to SwiftKey, I like the sound effects just as much as I do the keyboard itself!
  15. TheAmazingDave

TheAmazingDave Well-Known Member

I really like the Swype keyboard that comes installed. It came installed on my Optimus M also, and I even put it on my tablet because I liked it so much.

It's really fast once you're acclimated, and it has settings to control speed vs. accuracy, predictive text, auto capitalization, and a few other things.
  16. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Don't have the motion but have an Esteem, but SwiftKey X paid ftw! :D only keyboard ill ever use. The best IMO
  17. plasticarmyman

plasticarmyman Well-Known Member

apparently i am the only one who absolutely loves the Gingerbread keyboard...

it's simple and easy...i fell in love with it when i first flashed over CM7 on a device a while back...and now, well..i use it for everything..

but thick buttons is an awesome keyboard for people with small screens
  18. gyclark

gyclark Member

You're not the only one! I got used to it when I got my first android. Which was the LG Optimus 2 years ago. I've had 3 phones since then and download the Gingerbread Keyboard on them. I've tried stock and swype along with other ones in the market.. Just don't like any of them..
  19. yogeneyo

yogeneyo Active Member

amen brother-us fat fingered guys have to stick together-big button rules!
  20. 4x4surfer

4x4surfer Member

+1 more for stock swype.... once you get used to it its nice and fast. i like the fact that when i want to pick type i can but on some words i can swype. i upgraded from a froyo phone and i hated the way it automatically added words where as this phone you have to physically hit the "add to dictionary" button.
  21. MotoTriumphant

MotoTriumphant Well-Known Member

Swype ftw!
  22. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

I've been using perfect keyboard since my last phone, the optimus m. Its really easy for me with great prediction.
  23. owentaba35

owentaba35 Member

It reboots by itself when it's not[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  24. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

How long does the trial version of SwiftKey last?
  25. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

I don't know but the full version is .99cents right now and it's worth it. I love it :thumbup:

Sent from my typewriter.
    MyUsernameRox likes this.