What kind of Nav. System

Last Updated:

1. pilot1

pilot1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,
    I just got the wildfire [​IMG]
    I'm not familiar with the android OPS, so sorry if my question sounds [​IMG]
    What kind of navigation program can I use with the pfone? I prefer IgO if it is posible.
    How can I install it on the SD drive and run it on the phone?

Thanks a lot

Advertisement
  2. maxnicks

maxnicks Well-Known Member

I have a Moto Droid 1. I've used Google Navigation since day 1. Other than its been accurate without fail. The 1 time it wasn't, I was in the boonies in Kentucky. No cell coverage, no wifi. I believe that CoPilot Live does not require an active internet connection to work. I need to research that one a bit more. Before my Droid, I was a Windows Mobile guy. I always used Telenav which was $9.99 a month. It was always excellent and did not require an active internet connection. I see on the MarketPlace that telenav costs $69.95 per year.

Oh yeah, you might make sure you have actual unlimited bandwidth. Using Google Navigator sucks up a bunch of it. Here's an interesting thread on this forum.
    http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/51440-google-navigator-without-data.html

3. pilot1

pilot1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any apps that will use GPS only?

4. newandroid77

newandroid77 Member

co pilot only uses GPS.

drop me an email for further info on copilot8 which i have running on my widlfire

5. volvo940seturbo

volvo940seturbo Well-Known Member

copilot works well, and is not that dear. I have it working on both my X10 and my wildfire, and both work just as good as each other. Both very accurate, just takes a little getting used to the menu system.

I used to use a tomtom device, but no more, I just use my X10 and wildfire, they often give better more accurate instructions.

6. sigi666

sigi666 New Member

Hi, I'm a new wildfire-user...

can anyone tell me where I can download a working iGo or Copilot?
    I tried installing copilot 8.0.0.327 but that always gave an error: 'the copilot-code cannot be loaded by the system'

any ideas?