what kindle fire ROMs have everything working?

1. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

and are an upgrade from stock?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Most any of them are an upgrade from stock. Glazed ics is working great for me. Gederom is good. I would just try a few and see what suits you.
    hortstu likes this.
  3. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

I've been using Energy ROM. I am pretty happy with it, but I don't use my KF for much more than an e-reader, tapatalk, and a web browser. I was planning on flashing AOKP, but it had issues with the launcher (when long pressing an app on the launcher, it would rotate 90 degrees :confused:) and I haven't had time to look into them yet. A lot of them are nice ROMs, if you have the time/interest I would recommend trying a few out.
    hortstu likes this.
  4. MizzouBrent

The latest version of energy has annoying keyboard fc issues but you can install another app for it to alleviate the problem. I still stand by glazed.
    k28king1 and hortstu like this.
  5. k28king1

k28king1 Well-Known Member

Glazed is the best one as of now imo. I have tried them all and i find blaze to be the most functional of them all.
    MizzouBrent and hortstu like this.
  6. Sith Lord

Sith Lord Active Member

Try HellFire it has what your looking for
    rogueally likes this.
  7. Sith Lord

Sith Lord Active Member

Do you put Hellfire on it
  8. TurboS81

TurboS81 Well-Known Member

Bias answer, but have been very happy with Glazed ICS. It completely changed the look and feel of the stock KF. Then again, I guess that's what ROMs do.
    bubbaken likes this.
  9. MizzouBrent

IMHO the jb by TWA_priv is outstanding.
  10. bubbaken

bubbaken Well-Known Member

I'm new to the rooted Kindle and really like Glazed ICS. My first from was Hellfire but it was a bit clunky/laggy. Glazed is as beauty!
  11. bubbaken

bubbaken Well-Known Member

12. guitarman2010

guitarman2010 Member

Most are definite upgrades from stock but I don't think any ROMs in actuality have EVERYTHING working.
  13. MizzouBrent

Pretty much everything works on TWA_priv's cm10 build.
  14. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

Gederom works fine from my end, and is FAST
  15. Drogyn

Drogyn Well-Known Member

Don't see that on the list in "all things root"
  16. MizzouBrent

I can update it. The ATR sticky is in need of some serious maintenance.

XDA is down at the moment so I can't get a direct link.

EDIT: It's actually the first rom listed under "jellybean"....the thread title that I show there is outdated but the link is still to the same thread. Let me know if you have any issues. If you PM me, I'll be most likely to respond. I spend most of my time on the Gnex forums here. My Kindle Fire has essentially turned into an Angry Birds machine for my son.